Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding Ceremony Venues

Hi,

My fiance and I are getting married next August in Harrisburg.  We already have the reception venue but no ceremony site.  We are trying to decide between a church or something else.  We are both Catholic but I am not a practicing Catholic and neither one of us is thinking about a Catholic wedding, so it doesn't have to be in a church.  We could also have the ceremony in the same place as the reception but I am not sure how I feel about that.  Does anyone have any ideas where to get married (church, other place).  We checked into the Capitol but they are booked on our date.

Thanks!
Carly

Re: Wedding Ceremony Venues

• jfasickjfasick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Fort Hunter Park?  It overlooks the river and is a beautiful sight.  We wanted to get married there but our date was already booked.
    image 253 Made the cut!
    image 138 Are ready to party! image 115 Are missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is tough. Most places want you to have both the ceremony and reception at their facilities.
    I would suggest a park in the area.
    Places like Pheasant Run Farm in Lancaster might let you have your ceremony there. Other places like bed and breakfasts might let you but you would have to use their hors d'oeuvres since they require you to buy some of their food.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• gaiwagnergaiwagner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Blue Hound Farm in Lewisberry next year.  We are having the ceremony outside over-looking the pond and the receptioin in the old barn on the property.  It is rustic.  However, they allow you to do the ceremony only if you want.  We were there the day of a wedding where they rented white chairs  and had a quartet and harpist scheduled to play.  It was pretty.  The site they use overlooks the pond and has shade trees to shelter your guests from the sun.  If you are interested, just google it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards