Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Outdoor Wedding Ceremony - Baltimore Area

We are considering the Baltimore area for our wedding. We would like an outdoor ceremony (weather permitting) followed by an indoor reception.  We are pretty open to the venue style...I've taken a look at various websites for country clubs, wineries, and old mansions.  Our guest count will be 150-200 so we'd need space to accomodate that which seems a bit more challenging that I initially had expected.  Also since we are based in NYC and my family is from NH we are veering away from the Chesapeake Bay area (it's beautiful but just too far for all our family and friends!)

Does anyone have any recommendations for an outdoor wedding venue in this area?  Would love to get tips from people who are more familiar with the area than us!  We have primarily attended weddings in New England and NY. 

Re: Outdoor Wedding Ceremony - Baltimore Area

• Options
    My fiance and I booked March 29, 2014 at Chase Court, in downtown Baltimore. I'm from NH and MI (relatives in both areas), and my fiance is from all over but we live in D.C. - so we also did not want to mess around with a long commute away from a major airport. 

The thing about Chase Court is, you'd have to limit your guest list because the maximum capacity is 150 and that means a cocktail not traditional reception - seating is maximum 120 in their ballroom, maximum 120 in the garden for the ceremony. The garden is a lovely shade garden with a goldfish pond, flowering trees, flowering plants, cobblestones.  The building has a fireplace, gothic windows stained glass etc.  There is nearby paid parking, or you could hire a valet service. Parking is probably the only drawback to an urban venue, in case you haven't already thought about it. When I priced the recommended valet service (Jay's Valet) out, it would add $700 or so to our budget, for 4 valets to work our event (100 people)...so what we're probably going to do is pay for parking spaces in a nearby garage instead.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Elkridge furnace inn is right by the airport. And the food is amazing! Nice outdoor space too it's actually a really cool historic venue
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I've just booked my wedding (for this November) at Grey Rock Mansion in Pikesville, MD. 

It's got a great outdoor site, a tent that will seat 200, and an indoor ballroom for dancing. When you book, you book the whole venue, too. It's in a neighborhood but set back from the road far enough that you don't really notice it. 

It's managed by Simply Elegant Catering and they do EVERYTHING for you. I was really SHOCKED at how reasonable the price is for the location and other conveniences the venue provides.

One of the hotels (less than 3 miles away) even offers a shuttle to the venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards