Just Engaged and Proposals

My Disney Princess Half-Marathon Proposal!

After 1 year and 4 months of dating, 7 months of living together and 3 long months of waiting, my boyfriend is now my husband-to-be!!!

So I have to preface my proposal story a bit. I took an interest in running last January by running my first 5k and signed up back in August for the Walt Disney World Disney Princess half-marathon.  Finishing the Disney Princess half-marathon has been a HUGE dream of mine pretty much since I first heard about it when I started running. I have fantasized for months about crossing the finish line. However, I've been extremely nervous about this event because I'm still a "newbie" runner and unfortunately suffered a foot injury that derailed my training plan last month.

My now-FI has been the most supportive and encouraging person in my life when it comes to my new hobby. He has been there through the good and the bad of training, injuries, achievements and disappointments, reminding me all the while that I have it in me to finish the race. He has been my biggest cheerleader and I truly believe I could not have kept going at times without him.

When I woke up yesterday at 2am for the race I had barely slept and was sick to my stomach with nerves. As we were about to go out the door I was putting on my shoes, there was the ring box in my left shoe! As I pulled it out he knelt down beside me and told me how proud of me he was and how strong I am and how honored he would be if I would marry him!

It was the absolute perfect moment and the extra push I needed that day to make it through. I ended up finishing the race in 3 hours, 11 minutes, and 27 seconds!

Two of my biggest dreams came true in one day, and I am so happy to be both his future wife and a half-marathon finisher!!!

Here's my bling from yesterday:

My engagement ring!

And...

My finisher's medal!

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Re: My Disney Princess Half-Marathon Proposal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards