Connecticut
Options

officiant/jp recs! please!!

We are cutting it REALLY close and i am having big problems with the most important part of the wedding... the officiant! 
I met with one lady but didnt really connect with her, and iv emailed a few and never heard back. 
Can you guys give me some reccomendations? Or if you have like a list of people you looked into that would be so great! Im starting to get really nervous we arent going to be able to find someone !!

Re: officiant/jp recs! please!!

• Options

Where are you getting married?  I can't remember...

• Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_officiantjp-recs-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ea8cffe2-c2c4-45ee-a4f6-403f214276c9Post:6f55adc5-e14c-412b-bdc8-801beb88ff22">Re: officiant/jp recs! please!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you getting married?  I can't remember...
    Posted by RIFallBride[/QUOTE]
    im getting married at madison beach hotel<div>
    </div>
  • Options

http://www.justiceofthepeacesonia.com/

Good luck in your search.  You definitely have to make a connection with the JP. 

• Options
    Sal Fiore - www.weddingsbysal.com

He's a super nice guy.
  • Options
    A friend of mine used Cheryl Johnson, she was lovely. I would have used her myself, but DH was set on using a church with a minister.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We are also using Sal Fiore and he has been great with us!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara Carson!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, you really need to connect with your JP!!  I'm having a tough time with that.  A lot of people seem to really like Mary Pugh, and I've heard great things about Renee Carle and Sara Carson as well. 
  • Options
    I couldn't find one available who I liked who wouldn't charge an arm and a leg until...  Betty Allard!  I haven't seen her mentioned on here much, but she's truly phenomenol.  We are so excited to have her officiate our wedding.

She was totally flexible about having a co-officiant (my FI's cousin, who has no legal right to marry us, but we wanted a way for him to be incorporated without picking 'sides' since he's been close to both of us).  She is very respectful and understanding of the fact that we do not want any religious influence on our wedding (we are atheist).  She's just a genuinely sweet person who is super easy to talk to, and I'm really excited for her to be there!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re:officiant/jp recs! please!!:[QUOTE]Sara Carson! Posted by willin1310[/QUOTE]
    Ditto. LOVE her!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards