Wedding Woes

She is a winner!

I am reading over on 2nd Tri and this girl posted about how her pregnancy resulted in her being fired from one job (couldn't prove it to file a claim) and not hired for a second job. the interveiwer told her outright she could not hire her. So everyone is saying "you should report this company, who is it?"

Sonic. She was interviewing to be a car hop. On roller skates. While pregnant. Hmmm, you think that is a bad combo?

Re: She is a winner!

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    the Sonic closest to my house has carhops that walk. it seems to be 50/50 split between skaters and walkers. 

a (retail) company that i worked for used a woman's maternity leave as a way to get rid of her. she was a salaried assistant manager who wasn't working there long enough to qualify for leave with a guaranteed return to work. she got KU like 5 minutes after she started and she was an AWFUL employee. the refusal to hold her job post leave was warranted - the only reason they didn't outright fire her (there was cause) - is due to her pregnancy and not wanting to get sued for "firing her due to pregnancy"

^^^all of that was to say, they likely had very good reason to fire her because without cause they probably wouldn't risk a wrongful termination lawsuit. 
  • I've seen a bit of her.  She's dumb.
  • Poor girl! She might not be the sharpest quill on the porcupine, but to get fired and feel compelled to apply for a minimum wage job almost all on her feet all damn shift while KU.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_she-is-a-winner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:5ff0da0b-7eb8-429e-9afa-39aec28121ddPost:da066010-9571-4649-8920-692f01164840">Re:She is a winner!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poor girl! She might not be the sharpest quill on the porcupine, but to get fired and feel compelled to apply for a minimum wage job almost all on her feet all damn shift while KU.
    Posted by dharmabunny[/QUOTE]

This is so true.  I love your compassion, dharmabunny.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_she-is-a-winner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5ff0da0b-7eb8-429e-9afa-39aec28121ddPost:da066010-9571-4649-8920-692f01164840">Re:She is a winner!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poor girl! She might not be the sharpest quill on the porcupine, but <strong>to get fired and feel compelled to apply for a minimum wage job almost all on her feet all damn shift while KU</strong>.
    Posted by dharmabunny[/QUOTE]

<div>Jojo - do you know what she was doing before she got fired? It may very well be that her previous job was another fast food/retail type place with the same conditions. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_she-is-a-winner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5ff0da0b-7eb8-429e-9afa-39aec28121ddPost:0c17dc35-c044-4066-b24c-0ebf781c83e5">Re:She is a winner!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:She is a winner! : Jojo - do you know what she was doing before she got fired? It may very well be that her previous job was another fast food/retail type place with the same conditions. 
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

<div>she mentioned she is finishing school, I am asuming it was something similar, but she never said what type of job she was fired from. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards