Washington-Seattle

DO NOT BOOK AT THE EDGEWATER HOUSE IN OLALLA!

The sure is a beautiful wedding venue, but beware - the contract is written SOLEY TO PROTECT THE OWNER - not the bride and groom!  When my wedding was unexpectedly cancelled, the owner would not refund my $2,700.00 deposit - and REFUSED to rent the space to anyone who inquired about that date.  Talk about a malicious and unprofessional business!  Be sure you have an attorney review your contract BEFORE you sign it as this owner seems sweet at first, and lies to your face on refunding money back as she did with me!

It's also extremely difficult to reach the venue - never return calls or emails!!  Bride BEWARE!

Re: DO NOT BOOK AT THE EDGEWATER HOUSE IN OLALLA!

• Sorry you had a poor experience. That's not uncommon for contracts with venue vendors, however.. Although it is a little off that they wouldn't let you break the contract by signing on another couple.. I'm not sure how you know that exactly... 
  • It is important to read contracts before signing them.  Many contracts have clauses about how much of a deposit is refundable if any.  We signed a videographer paid a $700 deposit which we knew was non-refundable.  We ended up having to cancel due to budget constraints.   The $700 would have been refunded if they were able to book another party/event for that day but they weren't.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SCARY! That is where our wedding will be next Summer! :-(

I love the venue and I'll admit the owner is a little strange.  I had our coordinator really work out everything with her and I personally went through our contract bit by bit. The owner seems really nice and accomodating but I am noticing that they are trying to nickel and dime you on everything! I find that if you bug her enough she gets back to you! Sorry to hear of your bad experience but I hope that everything works out on my end since I am about half way done paying for everything that was in the venue.

My advice to you from my experience in negeotiating with her is that if you push hard enough she WILL budge.  They are a fairly new venue in the wedding business and I think that it shows sometimes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards