Ohio-Toledo

questions for photographer

I am beginning the search for a photographer for my wedding on August 6, 2011. I was just wondering what kinds of questions did you ask your photographer when you met with them? I have looked online and found all kinds of information, but wanted to hear what some people actually asked the photographers. Any information would be great.

Thanks!Smile

Re: questions for photographer

• Linds565Linds565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

First of all you need to ask them how many hours of coverage you get with each packages. Some photographers are there with you from the salon to the end, while others only stay for a set amount of time. TAlso, ask if they have any assistants or if they are the sole photographer. It can be tricky for one person to capture all those shots. Then you should have them spell out exactly what the package entails.For example, do you get any proofs or proof books to keep or idoyou get the rights to your pictures? Many photographers will either sell you the rights to your pictures or they will give them to you on your anniversary. Definitely ask them to see a sample of an entire wedding they have done so you can envision how your pictures will look. The worst thing is to have generic, posed pictures that look the same throughout their samples. Let me know if you need any specific info or reccomendations on people as well. Hope that all helps!:)

• edited December 2011
    When we met with our first photographer, or any vendors for that matter, we had no clue what to ask or expect.  I did find a good questionnaire on Mind's Eye website (http://mindphoto.com/)  that helped us get an idea of information they would need.  And then just make sure you have your own list of things you know you want done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of style do you have? What do you require for a deposit? When is the balance due?  How many shots do you take?  Does the price include locations?  How many hours does the price cover?  Can we get the rights to our pictures?  If you have to get prints from the photographer, how much are they going to cost per picture/size?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards