Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunday Evening

FI and I are relaxing on the couch and watching Law and Order SVU. My parents should be home with the dogs soon... I can't wait, I missed them. The dogs... not my parents.

Who's around?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sunday Evening

• Options
    I'm here. We're watching "Alice in Wonderland" (the Tim Burton version). It's been a very lazy day in the Wrigley household. I'm not feeling well, so I took a shower and put my pajamas back on. FI got groceries and made dinner.
  • Options
    I hope you feel better, Wrigley. That's great that your FI got groceries and cooked... my FI is a pretty good cook as well, which is good, since I'm not! All I really make is chicken salad... and the kind of cookies that you just break apart the dough and put it on the baking sheet :)
  • Options
    I am around, though debating going to bed soon.

• Options
    I'm here.   

I'm stalking my email thinking DH is going to email me.  The last contact I had with him was an email he sent at 2 am where he said he went to the DMZ and he bought  barbed wire in a frame.  He is leaving at 1pm his time and he misses us.  As you can see it was a long email.

Now I'm looking around on which wall the barbed wire is going on.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I think I'll probably be up for awhile, I slept in pretty late today. I have no idea what time I have to wake up tomorrow... I think I'm babysitting for a few hours tomorrow, but I don't know what time.
  • Options
    Lynda, if he's leaving at 1 PM his time, when will he be home, your time? I hope he emails you! I hate when I don't talk to FI for a few days, except random texts or something.
  • Options
    Thanks, Angel. I think it's just a cold. Our weather has been pretty up and down.

FI made chicken fettucini. He used real chicken, but the fettucini was Pasta-Roni. It was damn good. ;) I'm not knocking it at all.

Lynda - where is your H? If he left at 1:00 PM his time, does that mean he's close to getting home?
  • Options
    I'm here. 

I'm watching the baseball game and cooking chicken for quesadillas, H is outside working the pool. 
    We've been cleaning all afternoon. 
    I feel accomplished...but I know we've only made a dent in what we have to do.
  • Options
    Heyo! We're all moved, cleaned, and final walkthroughed. Sea keep saying we should get some unpacking done, but playing Wii is much better. H is trying to figure out the thermostat haha. No TV til Saturday and no internet until weds. Poor box kitty is freaked. She just slept in my lap,which she never does, for over an hour. I think its the first time she's slept since we brought her here yesterday.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

We just got back from dinner.  I had them wrap up some of the food and left it on the table.  Oops.

I de-weeded and leveled out my front yard and planted ground cover.  I didn't buy enough mulch, so I'll have to go back to the garden store and buy more soon.  My back, arms and legs are killing me.

Lynda -- I'm jealous of your H.  We spent a day in Seoul (an annoying 12 hour layover between Bangkok and Honolulu), and we debated going to the DMZ, but there wasn't enough time, so we just wandered around the city.
  • Options
    He lands at 11:20pm our time.   But I just looked at his reservation.  It says he leaves at 5pm.  Maybe 1pm is when he has to leave the hotel?   IDK, maybe they got a different flight?

He should get home a little after midnight tomorrow.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    J - glad the move went well.  Hopefully box kitty gets adjusted quickly.  It was a few days before Bella felt comfortable in the new house.

Lynda - safe travels for your H.

Hockey - I meant to tell you yesterday but your kitty is very cute!

Not much going on here.  DH is watching the Simpsons and of course it's an episode of something awful happening on a cruise.  And we are going on our first cruise next month.  Lovely.  But I'm researching excursions to go on, bad Simpson's episode be damned.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Mica - I am forever leaving stuff on the table. FI always teases me about that. He says I do a lovely job of wrapping it up for the busboys.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just cooking my staple toaster oven chicken. I always tell myself I'm going to do something different but I always end up doing the same thing haha. 

J - I'm glad to hear you're all moved. I would probably let the unpacking wait a few days - I know the move was stressful. 
  • Options
    labella: do you want him? hahaha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:69b46a62-0c68-4daf-8cab-adb865844fcb">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]J - glad the move went well.  Hopefully box kitty gets adjusted quickly.  It was a few days before Bella felt comfortable in the new house. Lynda - safe travels for your H. Hockey - I meant to tell you yesterday but your kitty is very cute! Not much going on here.  DH is watching the Simpsons and of course it's an episode of something awful happening on a cruise.  <strong>And we are going on our first cruise next month</strong>.  Lovely.  But I'm researching excursions to go on, bad Simpson's episode be damned.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    What cruise line & where are you guys going?
  • Options
    J - yay for being all moved in.  

One suggestion, unpack as soon as possible.  The longer you wait the longer you are living in box land.  I personally hate living in a land of boxes.

• Options
    Poor Box Kitty.  Cats don't like change. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:fea59666-6c61-4ca0-a49d-beced9a7971e">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]labella: do you want him? hahaha
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]
    I would except our cat <em>hates</em> any living thing except for humans.  I don't think it would end well for anyone involved.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm here at home.  Started writing the 15-pager tonight.  I'm six pages in and I feel like I finally know where this paper is going, thank God.  And I'm marathoning SATC.  Since Thursday I've watched most of seasons 1 and 2.

Crash, did you AW wedding pics and I miss them?  You look gorgeous!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Mica - I'm jealous of him also.

• Options
    Alright ladies....4:30 am is going to come very fast....I am off to bed.  Gnight!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:d4a439f7-5502-4697-a254-6ccd74e5d015">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : What cruise line & where are you guys going?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]
    Carnival to the Bahamas
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Options
    Goodnight Hockey! 

Bella - you're going to have SUCH a great time! I want to go on a cruise : )
  • Options
    J - Glad to hear the move went well! The cat will adjust, although I don't blame her for being freaked out, I don't like change either :)

Poke - How many days a week do you eat that chicken? Just curious, it seems like you're always making it!

I had a turkey hoagie and fries for dinner... it was so good. I may go get the other half of my hoagie in a bit. For me, leftovers are usually eaten later the same night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:f68be2b5-0ed1-493b-9042-5857bed4e679">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Carnival to the Bahamas
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    Fun! <div>We took our first cruise to the Caribbean on Norwegian. </div><div>It was very fun! :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:c411de05-955b-4b54-928c-76ad37f4e294">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goodnight Hockey!  <strong>Bella - you're going to have SUCH a great time! I want to go on a cruise : )</strong>
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    I'm really excited!  It's sort of a first anniversary/my birthday cruise.  Plus my best friend and her husband are coming along which is awesome.  They live in Florida so I get to see her only every few years.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Options
    I'm procrastinating on some studying.  And waiting on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding to come on.  I'm curious how this show is going to turn out.  Either way it'll be entertaining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:3ef7bf36-24bd-4256-87f6-1d2420780184">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here at home.  Started writing the 15-pager tonight.  I'm six pages in and I feel like I finally know where this paper is going, thank God.  And I'm marathoning SATC.  Since Thursday I've watched most of seasons 1 and 2. Crash, did you AW wedding pics and I miss them?  You look gorgeous!
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    I AW'd the sneak peeks. <div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.mcgowanimages.com/blog" rel="nofollow">www.mcgowanimages.com/blog</a></div><div>
    </div><div>The last two posts are us!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47cf92ef-8130-4e14-81f9-e3ccd2b4917cPost:91bf85ab-735c-4642-acfa-c507a91ab8cb">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Fun!  We took our first cruise to the Caribbean on Norwegian.  It was very fun! :)
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]
    You look gorgeous in your sig pic.  And the church itself is really pretty too!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards