Wisconsin
Options

Wedding between Chicago and northern Minnesota

My fiancé and I recently got engaged. I am from northern Minnesota and he is from Chicago. We are considering having our wedding in Wisconsin, somewhat between both hometowns. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Wedding between Chicago and northern Minnesota

• Options
    How about the Wisconsin Dells / Baraboo area? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I second the Wisconsin Dells.  Plenty for your out-of-town guests to do AND many will enjoy making a long weekend out of it because there is so much there.  Waterparks, state parks for camping/hiking, shopping outlet mall, tourist attractions, etc.
  • Options
    My family is from southern MN and his family is from Milwaukee, plus much of our immediate and extended family is all over the US, so Wisc Dells it was for us as well!  We're doing it at a resort, and everyone's really excited.  It gives them a fun, relaxing place to spend the whole weekend, and if we're asking them all to travel, we felt like that's the least we could do!  I'm sure Madison would also have options for fun venues too, but the Dells makes it super easy--everything in one place with all the entertainment and lodging right there.
  • Options
    Which resort area you doing it at?
  • Options
    La Crosse is a beautiful area for a wedding - but i also agree about the dells.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We're having ours at Chula Vista.  They have lots of different ceremony and reception cites.  I've read lots of mixed reviews about them, but we've been working with Kelly and she's been just fabulous.  I'm very happy with how much she's helped, and she's been very patient with our many questions and such!  
  • Options
    I went to one at thw Wintergreen once. Gorgeous, lovely wedding. But that's one of the smalle resorts, so not as ,uch to do there as say the Kalahari (which is my all-time fave park there!)
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wausau would be nice  and central
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards