Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

cashman during ceremony vs paying outside vendor fee

we booked todd for 6 hours....I was going to have him meet us at the restaurant at 6, take pics during the 2 hour dinner...then do a strip tour, LV sign etc for four hours. Cashman photos are included in our package...but im worried they will suck, or screw up and not get great pics of me walking down the aisle, or Fiances face. But then again, i dont know if i want to pay an extra outside vendor fee, plus an additional 2 hours of photo time with todd when a big photo package is already included in our hotel wedding package. any thoughts?

Also....do you think it would be possible to request the photographer i want thru cashman? Ive heard some are better than others

Re: cashman during ceremony vs paying outside vendor fee

• Options
    If you have the option of paying the fee, I'd do it.  For what they'll charge you for a few extra prints, that you may end up wanting, you'll come out even and get hundreds more pics.  I won't even get into the cost of getting all the pics from them (thousands of $$).  Hell, they may even charge you more to actually receive prints you already paid for and think you're getting in your package.  justine043 had to pay $30 shipping and handling to get the six prints they owed her and did not bring the day after.  More examples at http://www.vegasgroom.com/Cashman-Photography_42.html

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Which hotels require cashman?  Any idea who Caesars uses?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cashman-during-ceremony-vs-paying-outside-vendor-fee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b803a704-96b8-44d3-9764-fc5fed666fd2Post:61881c6f-b1cf-4333-9453-191854e9b18f">Re: cashman during ceremony vs paying outside vendor fee</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which hotels require cashman?  Any idea who Caesars uses?
    Posted by mrsguilbert42013[/QUOTE]

Caesars uses Imagine but does have an outside vendor fee option.

Cashman currently has their claws into Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn, MGM, PH, Mandalay, Monte Carlo, TI, Luxor, Circus Circus, Stratosphere, Shalimar, Flamingo, Peppermill, Tropicana and Excalibur.  Probably more places that prefer having unhappy customers too but those are the ones I know of.

• Options
    VG- how is imagine as photag?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cashman-during-ceremony-vs-paying-outside-vendor-fee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b803a704-96b8-44d3-9764-fc5fed666fd2Post:edc4c150-8dd1-4732-a912-39d9379627fd">Re: cashman during ceremony vs paying outside vendor fee</a>:
    [QUOTE]VG- how is imagine as photag?
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

From a photography standpoint, I've heard they're good, or at least a lot better than Cashman.  I'd still go with a third party though because the Imagine cost for a CD of your photos from the ceremony is $600 and prints are expensive.  So if you take those expenses away, add on the outside vendor fee, overall you probably only come out of pocket a couple hundred but you have the third party all day and get the continuity and all the photos.

I got into a little back and forth with Imagine's owner because of some things he said about knotties on here (after posting fake reviews of himself) and on facebook:  <a href="http://www.vegasgroom.com/Imagine-Studios_122.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.vegasgroom.com/Imagine-Studios_122.html</a>

• Options
    so you would recommend using "todd" or someone else pay outside vendor fee than use one of their packages
  • Options
    Personally I'm partial to the vendors who a lot of knotties use; I think they're passionate about photography instead of just being part of a resort's wedding revenue machine where they crank out mostly the same product every day.  For example, we did anniversary photos with Mike L couple weeks ago (they did our wedding too) and he was up all night playing with a new lens he had ordered overnight because he wanted to use it on our shoot.  I feel like photographers that are truly into photography produce better pictures and get more out of the subjects.  The pricing gotcha's at the resorts don't hurt either since once you get dinged for all the upsales you feel obligated to buy becuase you don't want to not have certain pics, you end up nearly the same as having gone with a third party anyway.

I've got a bunch of the commonly used ones here, good and bad http://www.vegasgroom.com/9/

• Options
    This is am email I just got from cash man/image Hello Chelsea,   Typically you will see your images the day following your ceremony.  Because we recently changed our photography vendor from Cashman Photo to Imagine Studio we have some additional options you may want to consider such as using your print credit towards the high resolution photo CD or towards canvass prints and that sort of thing.  The Orchid package you selected has a print credit of $210.  However, if you opt to go with the prints the shipping fee would not normally be included.   We are still awaiting the new collateral descriptions from our promotion team, so I cannot email you all your new options yet.  However, we should have them in the next few weeks.  At that time I am sure Imagine Studios will be emailing you with some great offers.   Imagine Studios is the same photography company our sister property Caesars Palace uses.  We are really excited about being able to offer our guests a higher quality product for a more reasonable price.   Should you have any other questions at this time please feel free to email me again and either myself of Scott Jason the Director of Imagine Studios will reply.   Sincerely, ~Kris
  • Options
    Paying the outside vendor fee will actually work for us....the flamingo waived the $150 fee to use the gazebo chapel, so we will end up paying what we should have in the first place. Since Caesars is a sister property, and I've paid the outside vendor fee....I wonder if we will have a hard time taking pics around the property..... Now I just have to plan the times right. Ceremony is at 4, if I have Todd show up at 330, the ceremony is max 45 min ( more like 20) would we have time to get a few nice shots in the daylight at Caesars before heading to dinner at 6 at wicked spoon?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards