Louisiana-New Orleans

nice simple ceremony....help

Hey all! I am a resident of ohio looking to get married in New Oreleans. My fiance is in the air force and stationed down south near LA and we want a simple and small ceremony somewhere in New Oreleans. We're looking at sometime possibly next month...I know it's quick but we dont want to mess with decorations and fussing over what shade of peach! :) Our marriage is more important to us than the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere nice and simple that could hold about 10 people for a ceremony? Reception we are just going out to dinner...no idea where, but we'll get there eventually! THANK YOU all for helping out this confused ohio girl!

Re: nice simple ceremony....help

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this - I, too, am from out of state.  The total wedding party will be 16 people - all friends, no family, and almost half of them don't drink, for a Tuesday night wedding.  All I keep finding are packages for larger events, or an emphasis on an 'open bar' -- which just really isn't a draw.  I've had the Hotel Provincial on my radar for a couple of weeks (now adding Beauregard/Keyes House) - but also interested in looking at SMALL courtyards for the wedding either in the FQ or GD.  Thinking of getting a balcony on Bourbon for a seated dinner afterwards, or would be interested in renting out an entire B&B.If anyone can suggest small courtyards that you passed on because they were too small, I would greatly appreciate information on these locations.  The vision is lush green foilage with candles - and a hint of chill in the January air (hey, I'm from MN - we wear shorts when it's 50 degrees...)Thanks all!Lynn
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at City Park??  I dont know what your transportation situation is but you could have you ceremony in the park then go across the street to Ralph's on the Park for dinner. The park is huge with lots of oak trees and I don't think you need a permit to rent an oak tree, and Ralph's has great food but they're not cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    wow! nevermind. i just saw the date on this and dont know how i got here
  • I would suggest the Algiers Courthouse, you can be married by Judge KK Norman there (she was our officiant. We went to that courthouse to get our license and it is beautiful. You can take the ferry over from the Quarter and it has a lovely view of the river, then go to dinner after, or later in the evening. The building itself is charming as well.

If we had decided to go the small route, this would have hands down been our choice.
  • Dang, this IS an oldass post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards