Outdoor Weddings

beach wedding

We are having our wedding on the beach and it has been both blessing and curse!  Blessing because the beach needs no decoration with the beautiful water as a backdop! BUT coming up with seating has been a beast!!  We are still very excited and up for the challenge.  Any ideas?

Re: beach wedding

• You might find a lot of helpful info here as well:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_beach-weddings

I would assume most people rent chairs for a beach ceremony.  The rental company should set them up and take them down for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We thought about doing a standing ceremony on the beach and having only a few chairs for elderly and our parents. How many people are coming to your wedding?
  • I wanted to do the standing ceremony thing and people critisized us up one side and down the other. I think it's neat, it's going to be a small short wedding I don't get it. We still haven't decided what to do yet either.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're having everyone stand for our ceremony on the beach, but it'll only be 15-20 minutes long, and there will only be about 20 people in attendance.

Rather than chairs, what about long benches?  They may be sturdier in the sand than chairs, and be a quicker option for a rental company to set up and then remove afterward.
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • You know I was wandering the same thing. Except we may have up to 100 people (including children, not many elderlys (no one over 70). Its only going to be a 15 min ceremony too...lol why cant they stand! We got criticized too for thinking people can stand! I mean....what the hey, they can sit at the reception. But then again, everyone is travelling from MI and FL to SC, sooo I dunno either. Im stumped. I know we can rent chairs, havent found any benches. But they are about 3 bucks a chair...thats 300 for the seating. Egh. Prob going to have to bite my bottom lip with this one! :) I do want them to come :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards