Illinois-Chicago

NWR---weekend getaway. need your help!

i need a weekend away. willing to travel 2 hours or so. any thoughts? tia!

Re: NWR---weekend getaway. need your help!

• edited December 2011
    Gurnee-head up and go shopping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For you or you and your FI?  Camping, romantic, etc?  What are you looking for? And any price?

-Galena, IL <little farther than 2 hours, cute downtown, restaurants, B&Bs, etc
    -Milwaukee <brewery tours, change of scenary
    -Camping: Chain O' Lakes, Kettle Moraine in WI,
    -Harbor County area Michigan <cute little towns/shopping/etc
  • edited December 2011

Saugatuak, Michigan has some really nice bed and breakfast places as well as a cute downtown area. They also have  really nice beaches if the weather is nice. Door County, WI is also nice but might be more than 2 hours.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Geneva - like Galena but not as far as a drive.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • 6soinlove20126soinlove2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry. yes...something for fi and myself. romantic, cozy, a nice dinner. if i can keep it between $500-$600 with for 2 nights somewhere....(that is including food and a cocktail or two) that would be ideal.

i looked into lake geneva and everything is booked for octoberfest the weekend i can get away.

i'll check out your suggestions. thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs on the Michigan coast -- check out St. Joe and South Haven. FI and I once did a lovely long weekend of B&B's and wineries through there. :)
    Photobucket
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Quad Cities in IL/Iowa this weekend and staying in the district.  There are tons to do.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nwr-weekend-getaway-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:3b9fc8fa-ed18-490b-8c50-ba0908cb1f60Post:aecc43a1-afe2-43f7-b1b3-dcaf0742c21c">Re: NWR---weekend getaway. need your help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to the Quad Cities in IL/Iowa this weekend and staying in the district.  There are tons to do.
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm from the QC :O)  Depending on traffic it usually takes 2.5-3 hrs to get there
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Saugatuck MI was a wonderful.  I went on a girls getaway in August, but I kept thinking while I was there what a nice week end getaway this would be for H and me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards