Honeymoon Discussions

USVI

My FI and I are looking into going to the USVI for our honeymoon, however we don't know anyone that has been there to ask for input, so I turn to the trusty Knotties. Not sure where we want to stay (which island) or a resort yet. Any input is grealty appreciated.

Re: USVI

• I've been to St. Thomas and St. John and I'm actually returning to St. John next month for a few nights after sailing the BVI.  St. Thomas is more touristy and where you will find most of the big hotels/resorts.  St. John is quieter and more of a place to go to just relax and get away.  

I prefer St. John.  We're actually staying in a small guest apartment (Sail View) as we're looking to keep costs down on this trip after spending a week sailing but I would highly recommend renting a private villa.  The privacy and views you will have are priceless.  After having done villas on 2 prior vacations it is hard to go back to a hotel!

If you want a resort though there are two-the Westin and Caneel Bay.  I have not visited either but have been told Caneel is nicer but more expensive as well.  My neighbors spent their honeymoon at Caneel and loved it.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE the USVI!!!! I've been to 2 out of the 3.... St. John & St. Thomas. I would stay on St. Thomas and you can take a ferry to visit St. John {which you should, it's beautiful}... most of the island is national park so it's untouched.... we visited trunk bay and it was gorgeous! We like the Marriott @ St. Thomas but there are a ton of hotels... I would visit Meg's bay just because it's a must see, it's okay tho.... we went to Coki Beach and had the most amazing snorkeling experience ever. Because they are part of the US it's super convenient to fly there... and I love how my cell still works for free :) LOL.... and you don't have to deal with any money exchanging or anything... it's great! 

• that all depends on your budget and what you want out of the HM.

• I agree with staying in St. Thomas and visiting St. John. The Marriott at morning star beach is very nice. USVI is lovely and my favorite destination. Have a great time.

http://gopackandtravel.blogspot.com/
  • edited November 2010
    We just returned from our "weddingmoon" last week and had an amazing time! We stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort on St. Thomas. The beaches were beautiful-I highly suggest stopping by Lindquist Beach!!! I was a little nervous about staying there because the reviews weren't that great, but I don't know why because I have no big complaints! They had activities to do everyday, it was all inclusive, the food and drinks were great and the customer service was wonderful. You can get a quote on the website below. I think we paid around $2,300.00 for flights and stay, but it could be different depending on the time of year.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/STTSB/main.wnt
    Jenny Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards