Destination Weddings Discussions

Luggage

I'm going to be a PW tonight since I was busy at work today and didn't have much time to post, boo!

So, I want to register for some luggage, but since I'm registered at BB&B, they don't have the actual luggage in the store.  I always forget sizes when I'm in other stores to try to compare...so I wanted your ladies opinions.

I have found a set at BB&B; black, 360 spinning, pretty good quality as far as the threading goes (from the little bit that I know about it..).  They have 3 sizes-20", 24", and 28".

What are the most common sizes of luggage?  If I were to register, would 1 one each be good, or maybe 1-20" and 2-28". 

What do you ladies think based on what you've seen or purchased?

TIA!

Re: Luggage

• I would just check TSA standards because some of my old luggage is now too large and there's extra fees.  Whatever.  They probably got with the luggage companies because they needed more money and said we'll make large luggage obsolete so they have to buy more.
  • Ooo, that's such a good idea...didn't think about that.  Although, I don't remember seeing any signs about it when we traveled in October, but I'll definitely check that out!

• I don't think they're selling the very large ones anymore because no one would buy them.  But just in case!!!  Normally when they have the set of 3, they're good to go.  One large, one medium and the small one is a carry on.
  • I would maybe get two of the 20 inch as well so if you wanted only to carry on for a  shorter trip you could. Have you also looked at rolling garment bags? They are the best! Keeps everything wrinkle free.
  • Fi and I got luggage for christmas for both of us and we got 2 of the 28, 2 20s and a small rolling carry on bag.  That way if we are just going away for the weekend we can take the small ones.  It gives us some options...ours came from Khols they are super cute from Chaps.
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_luggage-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f1cddaf9-8909-4761-b381-a72efb1cc19aPost:b1cba550-48cb-4326-943c-ee733515d830">Re: Luggage</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi and I got luggage for christmas for both of us and we got 2 of the 28, 2 20s and a small rolling carry on bag.  That way if we are just going away for the weekend we can take the small ones.  It gives us some options...ours came from Khols they are super cute from Chaps.
    Posted by akhunter1[/QUOTE]

Perfect!  I was starting to think, maybe just register for 2 of each and then I can always return what we don't think we'll used based on size when we see them!  But I think I like this suggestion best!

Thanks girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards