Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Alterations/fittings?

Hey Ladies! I went back a few pages but didn't see a recent post on alterations. I've heard that there's a woman who runs her own small business doing alterations in the MSP area. She's supposed to be resonable and quite good. Anyone have a name for me? Anyone know about how much she charges?

Also, did you guys do one fitting or more? My mom thinks I only need one, but it seems like most people have two. My weight doesn't fluctuate much, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Alterations/fittings?

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Louise Kegley is really popular on her.  I can send you her phone number if you PM me.

You'll have to do at least two fittings.  The first one to see what needs to be done, measurements, etc.  Then you'll go in again to see if everything fits right.  I think I did three in all.
  • Options
    izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was eager to get in to do my first fitting so if you go early, you might have to do several.  I lost weight and plan to loose more in the next 80 days before my wedding so probably do 3 fittings.  One now, and another the 3rd week in June and then the 3rd right before the wedding...maybe like 5 days before just to be sure.   Louise is supposed to be great and I go to see her on Saturday.  She is reasonable!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup! Louise is your gal!
  • Options
    NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Louise.  From what I hear, she does just as good work (or better) than the bridal salons for about 1/3 of the price.

I did two fittings because I lost a little weight between the first and second one.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 4 fittings... yep 4.  Mine, however, was the result of the tailoring department at my bridal salon's chronic screwups. (they never actually had to take mine in or out, just bustle, hem and add a modesty panel)  I went to pick my dress up 3 days before the wedding and it wasn't finished because they had simply forgotten to do it.  They're very very lucky my mom was with me because if she wasn't there, bridezilla would have reared her very unhappy head and it wouldn't have been pretty.  My mom's statement of, "I'm very unhappy with the service we've recieved thusfar."  was enough for them to fall all over themselves to make it right.  It was OK in the end but I wouldn't get anything altered there again.  (not that i'm getting another wedding dress again but I wouldn't go even for a bridesmaid dress!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow lots has changed since I have been on this message board.

I'm helping out a friend with her wedding, and recommended Louise to her, but I can't find her number any where.
    and I agree with everyone she is just great and very reasonable!

could someone tell me what her number is?

thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards