California-Bay Area

Beach wedding ceremony site

Hey everyone! I'm trying to figure out the best way to host a ceremony on the beach and an indoor reception in a banquet/ballroom. I don't need them to be at the same location, just somewhere near each other. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this on a budget? I can't spend $4,500 just to get married on a beach at the marriott, not including food or ANYTHING but the ceremony? Ya know?

So, any good beach ceremony ideas to keep cost down and then I can look for a reception venue around that? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated. Looking for anything in Southern California and for 75-100 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Beach wedding ceremony site

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're not picky about not getting married on sand, what about the Spinnaker in Sausalito?  You can have the ceremony there overlooking the Bay, and the view is nice.  The reception hall isn't expensive either.  They have reduced rates for Sunday and other days, too, as well as for lunchtime events.  That's where I'm having my reception. 
  • mrs rivamrs riva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thereserocca- this is the CA bay area board, you might want to check out the southern CA boards. also, there is a post just a few down from this that talks about beach weddings. :) GL
  • edited December 2011
    As a planner I'd recommend Headlands Center For The Arts and Stinson Beach Community Center- both are a short walk for the guests to the sand- you can see photos of these at www.idovenues.com

If you are looking for a Wedding Venue in the Bay Area, need to hire a "Day of Coordiantor"  or need general inspiration- check out our daily blog- and services  http://www.idovenues.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards