North Carolina

** NcsuPsych **

I booked my appointments with Olga (yay!) a while ago, but I have no clue what she charges.  I was wondering if you could share what Olga's prices are like since you had her alter your gown when you were married.  I don't know if you have a price list or if you would just be willing to give me a ball park range.  I know it obviously varies based on what needs to be done.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: ** NcsuPsych **

• Clearly I'm not who you paged, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I don't remember Olga's exact unit pricing, but I know she was less expensive than the bridal shops in the area.  Her charge for hemming is per yard, so if you've got a pleated skirt (I did) or a long train, your fee to shorten the dress will be higher.  

I just checked my budget (thank goodness Wedding Wire doesn't dump inactive accounts).  I paid $314 for cups to be added, three layers (dress + crinoline + lining) to be hemmed (horsehair removed, dress shortened, horsehair replaced), one button to be replaced, and for the whole thing to be steamed.  
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thank you so much guys!  This makes me feel much better.  I budgeted $300 for alterations (my bridal store would have cost close to $500).  I'm really glad I went with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Oh! And I had a 7 point bustle in that total.  I'd forgotten that part. 
  • I paid $330 and got a bustle (5 point?), cups, hemmed a couple of layers, taken in and restructured around the bodice, replaced the zipper with a hidden zipper, and steamed.  I think the restructuring was what cost me the most, because the boning had to be moved around a lot to keep me from looking lopsided.  She's the best, you'll be very pleased.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards