Registry and Gift Forum

gifts for parents and inlaws

I want a creative gift for my parents who are paying for the wedding and taking care of a lot since I dont live in the state that the wedding will be in and they do, and i will need a gift for my new inlaws... I want something original but meaningful... I dont want to do a frame or picture album.  Any Ideas?

Re: gifts for parents and inlaws

• We will likely be getting them a gift card to a nice restaurant or a gift certificate for theater tickets. My thought was that they might enjoy a date night too after being busy with wedding stuff.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • My parents are each getting a precious moment and possibly a little something else.  FI and I haven't talked about what he wants to get his dad and stepmom yet, but I'm thinking probably a gift certificate to a resteraunt and maybe a Wii remote charger (since we got them a Wii this christmas and they play it almost every night).

• Both of our parent's are helping out tremendously with the wedding so I agree we are not doing a picture or parent album as the gift. I see you are in Boston so not sure if they have something like this but we are looking into The Spirit of Philadelphia and Spirit of NY boat ride. Tickets to a Broadway show with Limo ride, box seats to the Phillies, weekend getaway to the Pocono's or Cape May. We haven't decided on exactly what yet but those are some of our options.
  • You said no picture frames, but... we are getting them digital photo frames.

Both sets take tons of photos and with the age of digital cameras, they haven't been printing out as many. We figure this way they could display the photos without having to print them.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • I'm still deciding for my mom, but for my dad I am getting a 2 picture frame that says Daddy's Girl with a pic of me when I was little and a bridal portrait.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • We got them really nice bottles of wine (top notch stuff) with personalized labels.  I also got my mother a embroidered hankie that says "Mom."  She loved it!
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Think about something your parents really love and go for that.  My mom really loves Godiva they have this 140 pc set that I think will make her squeal like a teenage girl at a boy band concert.  So just think about something that they love get them that only turned up a notch. 
  • We got them a night at a fancy spa hotel for them to use at their leisure.  We figured they should be able to enjoy every moment of being at the hotel, so we didn't do it for the day of the wedding because they'll only be sleeping that night.

Mom cried.  Mission accomplished!  ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards