Rhode Island
Options

Violinist?

Is anyone using their DJ to do their ceremony or are most people using a violinist?  I'm looking into low cost violinists if anyone knows of any :-)

Re: Violinist?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your best bet is to find a high-school or college student.  Try calling local high schools, as well as URI and RIC and talking to the music directors there.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what low cost is to you but we're using La Bella Musica for our ceremony and cocktail hour.  My brother used them for his wedding and they were really good.  If you want more info on their prices let me know.  It changes depending on the length of time you want them for and whether you want a solo, duo, trio or more. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Samantha Gillogly (find her via google). She had a reasonable rate, has been very nice to work with, and also plays the fiddle and piano! 
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Although we're not usinga viloinist for our ceremony we are using La Bella Musica for our cocktail hour.

Emily, our contact at La Bella has been wonderful.  Very responsive, reasonable prices (compared to others I'd found) and they seem to have some great reviews on here. Good luck :)

?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend searching on GigMasters.com. I found our ceremony/cocktail hour keyboardist there and it all turned out really well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards