Wedding Woes
Options

:: beauty people ::

advice is needed, please.

it's going to be spring soon, and i need to shave my legs in order to wear dresses and not horrify the world.  the last time i shaved my legs, michael jackson was still alive.

any advice on products?  i think cw said something about using conditioner to shave your legs.

i have a new razor and a full box of bandaids.

Re: :: beauty people ::

• Options
    A razor with a good blade plus Skintimate is all I use.  I have sensitive skin so nothing with color or scents.  I also try to only shave every other day. 
  • Options
    i use bodywash, but that;s not ideal. conditioner is much cheaper than shave cream. i like it. recommend.

but i don;t know what kind of animal you have growing on your legs. as for razors, i like a double or triple blade.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of trimming the hair with clippers the night before (yeah, I don't shave so often, either) and slathering on some alpha-hydroxy lotion (Alba Very Emollient super-duper version is good for this, and cruelty-free), and then shaving the next day with that manly-smelling maca root shaving cream from The Body Shop.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_beauty-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:46907669-b772-4de8-a649-cc28b3726776Post:7185ce7f-38ff-4fbe-9257-17c65b8b6061">Re: :: beauty people ::</a>:
    [QUOTE]A razor with a good blade plus Skintimate is all I use.  I have sensitive skin so nothing with color or scents.  I also try to only shave every other day. 
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Does this require a lot of effort? Like, you have to tell yourself to put down the razor?

I also do skintimate, though I don't like the texture and am looking for something else. I'd think any soapyish thing would work fine. Lotion up afterward. I love scented lotions for this. More subtle than perfume.

I love my schick quattro for her. I forgot my razor on a trip and bought a cheaper replacement. By far not the cheapest, but yow at the cuts from that thing.

Anyway, I still wear jeans/pants through almost all of the summer. Not having to shave is part of that.

Was it Skintimate that had that old-fashioned commercial with the mom and daughter, and the mom talks about soap-and-water shaves and then says, "sometimes I use your father's shaving foam." Crazy that I remember that. It was probably 15 years ago.

• Options

Ha, no effort at all.  I shave on Saturdays.  Soap is not enough for me, but I have not tried conditiioners.  I do know perfumed lotions will break my legs out in hives.

• Options
    I like the good old venus with 4 or 5 blades.  I also use a thick conditioner mixed with philosophy body wash.  It's just creamy enough to lather and I don't have issues with razor burn like I would with an actual shaving cream.

Also...don't dry your legs after you get out of the shower, leave them a little wet and apply your lotion on TOP of the water.  Or better yet, use bath oil to seal in moisture...but not until you get out and be careful. That oil is SLIPPERY.
  • Options
    I have the best luck of not getting razor burn with Shick Intuition. 

I also like the honey mango shave cream from Trader Joe's.
  • Options
    i use a mens' 4 or 5 blade razor : schick or gilette. i find them more durable than the ones made for women.

i use conditioner or a creamy body wash, and make sure to exfoliate before. in the last few months i have been using my clarisonic (i have the one with the body brush) with the body wash to exfoliate/lather then shave. i typically use lotion or oil  afterwards, while my legs are still wet. sometimes i'll forego the lotion if my legs will not have time to fully dry before i get dressed.
  • Options
    i find a men's razor to be so much better than a woman's razor. for some reason, a woman's razor has something on the sides of the blades that make it more difficult to get a close shave.
  • Options
    I use a Venus razor and some sort of Gilette shave gel....whatever H gets at Sams. Afterwards, in the shower, I slather my legs with this....which also works well on dry skin in the winter. It was a life saver in OK.

Lemon & Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil, 4 oz, Burt's Bees
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards