Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Mother of the Bride

Does the mother of the bride's dress have to match the wedding colors?
LO

Re: Mother of the Bride

• Options
    Some say yes, some say no. I just told my mom to stay within the color scheme. We are having muted colors, so as long as it's not something LOUD, I really don't care.
    When my best friend got married, the moms wore the exact same color, and it went with the color scheme. Their wedding was super formal, though.
  • Options
    pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Parents can wear what ever they want to wear.  If someone should ask you should respond with "What ever makes you feel the most beautiful."
  • Options

It's really up to the mothers. My colors are hot pink and lime green. My mom is wearing a sage dress and FMIL is wearing a lavender dress.

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    They are not part of the wedding party so no, her dress does not have to coordinate with the wedding colors.

Basically parents are VIP guests and as such can wear whatever they like.

• Options
    Agree with the PPs about not being part of the WP and choosing what they want.

Maybe you could make a special day out of it though and go dress shopping together that way you can put your input in.  This worked well for me since my eccentric mother was considering leopard print. 
    I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • Options
    Cool! Thanks guys!  I love the idea about us making a "special" shopping trip to pick out her dress, just for the fun of it!
    LO
  • Options
    No, they don't.  Although my mom and my FMIL wanted to know what the BMs were wearing so that they didn't show up in a very similar dress!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards