Ohio-Columbus

On the hunt for Jewelry

Hey girls,

So I've totally decided to switch up my look for my wedding. I was going to wear my blinged out sash and a birdcage veil originally for the ceremony. Now I'm thinking of something a little more classic. I'm switching it over to a cathedral length ivory veil and the natural ivory sash that came with the dress.

Now my problem comes with jewelry. Since I won't be having that bling factor from the sash during the ceremony (which I will wear during the reception!!), I want to find a beautiful pair of drop/chandelier earrings to accentuate my hairstyle/veil. I don't wear necklaces either, so the drop can be pretty long.

Any suggestions of places in town to look? I've been scouring online for weeks to find the perfect pair, and nothing just screams BUY ME. I've really been liking the Nadri line from Nordstroms, and shoot I've even debated renting the real deal from theknot jewelry collection, but I just can't settle my heart on one thing.  Meh. Help me. :-) Pwease?
I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: On the hunt for Jewelry

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried whiteaisle.com?  I got my drop drop/chandelier earrings from them and loved them.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the local dept stores, esp places like VonMaur (I miss that store) and Macy's. I bought my earrings (even though they didn't have much bling) at kohls.com. They usually have more selection than in the stores.

Also try http://www.moniquesboutique.us/index.html and http://hautebride.com/

I know a lot of ladies have purchased their jewelry through etsy.com. I have never bought anything from anyone on there, but generally hear really good things.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Nordstrom but I see you've already been there.  They have great stuff.  If you haven't already, check out adorn.com.  You can rent beautiful diamond jewelry and their prices are pretty reasonable.  I think real diamonds would look great with your Vera!
    There's also nice stuff at bridalstylesboutique.com and reginab.com.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually found all of my jewelry (and many other things!!) on etsy.com.  There are TONS to choose from, and if you like the look of someones jewelry but don't see exactly what you want, they will typically make you whatever you want if you send them a private convo.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    Macys and Nordstrom's have some great sparkly long earrings!  I was looking for the same thing.  Ended up getting my earrings at nordstrom's!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine made by Sue Lacy. She's a local artist and she is really good with metal work, among other things. I am also having her make a necklace for my mom and my future mother-in-law. When I was looking around before, I didn't find anything that was exactly what I was looking for, so this ended up being the perfect solution. Maybe you could go this route if you can't find anything that fits your vision exactly.
    image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While although I got most of my accessories from Haute Bride at Big Rock, I got my earrings at Nordstrom. Nordstrom has such a great selection, and I liked being able to buy a few options and return at any time what didn't work. I got my earrings from the Nordstrom crystal collection and since my bridesmaids wanted jewelry that went with their dresses, I got them different but coordinating pieces from the Nordstrom crystal collection and Nadri. If your unsure of what would go with your dress, buy a few pieces you like and try them on when you're getting alterations done. That way you can see the whole look together, and then can return or exchange what doesn't look work (just make sure the store you're buying from has a good return policy). 
  • a-ingrama-ingram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Von Maur also carries the Nadri jewlery, and has some different pieces than Nordstrom carries.  I would check them out as well.  I think I am getting my jewlery from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards