Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's the big effin' deal

13»

Re: What's the big effin' deal

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-big-effin-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:04440d32-4c4f-41ee-ab40-9b9302d29e40Post:dc4397fd-d801-427c-bd4d-b879b4e84524">Re: What's the big effin' deal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the big effin' deal : I used to get it a lot.  Not so much any more.  One dude asked if the curtains matched the drapes. 
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  I got it on Facebook from one of FI's friends after I dyed my hair red.  One, offensive.  Two...  Hello!  I just said I DYED my hair.
  • Options
    ::sobs::
    I'm clean. I'm CLEEEEAAAANNN!
  • Options
    oh my god.  that's my favorite part.

can i just spray a little PAM down there right before the baby comes out?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    no, I think CEW caught lala disease. I'm the movie-quotiest quoter ever.
    I always liked her movie-quoting skills :)
  • Options
    I have to say, I really do like this one:

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

i could sit and quote movies all day.  or episodes of friends.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I hate movie quotes.  I probably have an irrational hatred of them.

It all makes zero sense to me and Monty Python is the only shiit I can quote more than 1 day after seeing it.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    are you in there, little fetus? in 9 months will you come greet us?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-big-effin-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:04440d32-4c4f-41ee-ab40-9b9302d29e40Post:775b30e6-823d-4760-9d51-87252e9a024b">Re: What's the big effin' deal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the big effin' deal : My mom still says, "the milkman." 
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]<div>H still thinks that I'm a milkman baby.  Totally sure that I'm not from anywhere in my family.

</div>
  • Options
    i know that alice's sister has a pool, but you lived in me.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I want to keep one!
  • Options
    The other day, I told my cousin's boyfriend he's a douche.  My sister goes to me, "manda, you totally crossed the line."

I responded, "i'm so far past the line, i can't even see the line.  THE LINE IS A DOT TO ME!"

i howled.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Line, shmime.  he is a douche.

• Options
    I know hey.  God.  I just can't believe it.  And I can't believe that she actually believes his conspiracy.  It makes me hate him.  It also makes me take pity on my cousin.  I also am extremely angry at her for it.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    wadingmoosewadingmoose member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I'd be angry too.  I mean, I don't just throw douches around willy nilly.

I was going to say, "I don't just douche people willy nilly," but that sounded bad.

• Options
    ...or hilarious.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm late to this, but had to chime in. I agree with everything smokey said. Redhead at 8 = the suck, redhead at 18 or 28 = pretty cool. I find it ironic that mostly teen boys made fun of me, but now I'm always getting (positive) attention from men about it.

My mom was praying for a redhead when she was pregnant with my brother. He came out dark brown and she gave up hope until I came 3 years later.

TheBump is kooky or something. Do they all want Barbie robot children born with tans? 
    I'm imagining the girls that write these secrets are dark featured and don't even have a chance of it, they just want to voice their hate. Or they're really, really dense and think red hair comes from an evil, random gremlin of sorts.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-big-effin-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:04440d32-4c4f-41ee-ab40-9b9302d29e40Post:6a1d6321-fb06-4223-9084-1e42de2105ee">Re: What's the big effin' deal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late to this, but had to chime in. I agree with everything smokey said. Redhead at 8 = the suck, redhead at 18 or 28 = pretty cool. I find it ironic that mostly teen boys made fun of me, but now I'm always getting (positive) attention from men about it. My mom was praying for a redhead when she was pregnant with my brother. He came out dark brown and she gave up hope until I came 3 years later. TheBump is kooky or something. Do they all want Barbie robot children born with tans?  I'm imagining the girls that write these secrets are dark featured and don't even have a chance of it, they just want to voice their hate. <strong>Or they're really, really dense and think red hair comes from an evil, random gremlin of sorts.</strong>
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Well, this is TOTALLY true, you know.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    My least favorite myth is, "You know redheads are going extinct, right? It's a proven scientific fact."
    I used to get this all the time when I worked at an ice cream shop, which was rich because I would always think, "then why have I seen 5 redheaded babies today?". 

If anyone with a hereditary gene (even a recessive one) is 10% of the population, and the population is increasing... then yeah, their numbers will increase.

Anyone know where this myth comes from?

Photobucket
  • Options
    [QUOTE]WTF? I sometimes wish I'm a ginge.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

So do I.
  • Options
    I am sad that people don't want little redheads.  I agree with all the others that it is the suck at age 8 but I love it now.  I get to be different then most people.  The bump peeps suck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know where that extinct myth comes from, but red hair exists in all races/cultures/populations, virtually. And:

Redheads constitute approximately 4% of the European population.[8]Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13% of the population has red hair and approximately 40% carries the recessive redhead gene.[9]Ireland has the second highest percentage; as many as 10% of the Irish population has red, auburn, or strawberry blond hair.[10] It is thought that up to 46 percent of the Irish population carries the recessive redhead gene. Red hair reaches frequencies of up to 10 percent in Wales.[11]

Red-hair is found commonly amongst Ashkenazi Jewish populations.[12]

In the United States, it is estimated that 2-6% of the population has red hair. This would give the U.S. the largest population of redheads in the world, at 6 to 18 million, compared to approximately 650,000 in Scotland and 420,000 in Ireland[citation needed].

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    tehehehe... It's all Scotland and Ireland's fault!! :D

But, I guess we should go further back than that and say it's the Celt's fault, for being scary gingers.  OOOH!! I bet that's where it comes from!! New population moving onto the British Isles, and coming up against these scary, red-headed warriors.  Oooh.  I am such a genius!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards