New York-Western

November wedding HELP!

Im Planning a wedding in Nov. does anyone know of a place where I can get married and have the reception at the same place? I wanted to check out Timberlodge but wasn't sure if they do ceremonies there? Any suggestions? I am looking anywhere in the WNY region.
 Thank you!

Re: November wedding HELP!

• edited December 2011
    It depends on what you have in mind for the ceremony.  We're having our wedding ceremony and reception at Pearl Street Grill & Brewery, but there is not a completely separate setup for the ceremony.  The guests will just be sitting at their tables during the ceremony, and it will be held in the middle of the room on the dance floor.  I'm sure many places would let you do that.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Classics V is one place I know that does indoor ceremony and reception in the same location.  They are on Niagara Falls Boulevard, possibly in Amherst or Tonawanda, I'm not sure technically which town or city its considered.  I've been to a wedding like that there and it was very nice. 

I know the Buffalo Launch Club on Grand Island has ceremonies there, but I've only known of ones outdoors, so I'm not sure if they do them indoors too.  Its a gorgeous place though, right on the water (my shower was there).  Also the Holiday Inn on Grand Island does outdoor ceremonies too.  Obviously you aren't going to do an outdoor ceremony in WNY in November though.

Many places probably could accomodate a ceremony at the same location, its just going to be a matter of how much extra things you need to bring in for it.  Our reception is at the Conference Center in Niagara Falls and I'm pretty sure you can do a ceremony there too.  I think the more places you ask the more you will find will do it. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jennl53jennl53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Timberlodge and they do do ceremonies, but it's out back on the patio.  It's very lovely but the weather is hit or miss in November.  You could ask them to set up inside and then have a quick changeover while you have a cocktail hour with the patio heaters on outside.
  • edited December 2011
    Glenora Inn on Seneca Lake... totally gorgeous!!!  It is in the middle of a beautiful winery.  It's a little bit of a drive from Buffalo, but well worth it.  They have indoor or outdoor settings... the wedding planner- Sherry Spotts- is super amazing and will definitely make you feel at ease with the planning.  The prices are a little steep, but they may offer a discount for off season. 
    We are having out reception there next May and are SOOOOO happy we were able to book this venue.  It is gorgeous!  (And the wine is really yummy... a definite plus!)
    Good luck!
    Also, check out Tess Moran for your photography.  She is out of Buffalo and has great prices.  She is very sweet and has been a joy to work with.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cmm4evercmm4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am personally looking into the Lancaster Elks lodge, I attended a few funeral brunches there recently. They have  3 different sized rooms which 1 is a ballroom and actually have their menus and some  pics online. I believe a standard buffet with beer wine and pop is $27.95 pp including tax, with a full bar I believe its $31.95. They have experience in doing ceremonies there also and they even have someone that they used as an officiant in the past. So I would suggest looking into the Lancaster Elks Lodge I am. Good luck :)
  • amiewhaleyamiewhaley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking into the Lockport Locks. Its beautiful and they have indoor ceremonies and receptions!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you find a place?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Is it this November or next? 
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin had her reception at Timberlodge and I was amazing. I know they were very accomodating. The patio is covered, just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards