Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Rehearsal dinner help

Neither of our parents are in a financial position to help pay for the rehearsal dinner, so the cost of that will be falling on us obviously. Would it be appropriate to have our guests pay for themselves if we decide to have it at a restaurant? I'm clueless because the first time I got married, it was at the courthouse so I didn't have all this stuff to plan...lol!

Re: Rehearsal dinner help

• Options
    No, it's not appropriate. For simple weddings, you can skip the rehearsal and dinner altogether. If you still want them, you can just order pizza and have it at your home, or make a big pot of chili.
  • Options
    palrmtpalrmt member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We are just doing finger foods and soda at my mom's house for a rehearsal dinner.  It doesnt have to be a big affair.  She was gracious enough to pay for most of my wedding AND the RD so I told her to take it easy on the RD.  I have a friend who had a RD that was almost as elbaorate as her wedding and probably cost as much as my entire wedding.  Neither way is wrong. 

Please dont ask your guests to pay for their own meal at the RD though.  That's rude and inappropriate
  • Options
    That's what I figured. I don't have a problem paying for everyone as, we won't have that many people, and the place where he works has a hall that we could use. I think Pizza would be best as we will be having the kids, and who doesn't like pizza. He also has a Sam's membership that we could pick up the extra's like dinnerware, sodas, etc.
  • Options
    we are ordering pizzas for the rehersal dinner....and possibly lemon chicken and chow mein noodles...because i will prolly want lemon chicken.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    We were going to order pizzas as well until my BIL and SIL offered to host the dinner (awesome wedding gift!).  So I think you guys can just do some pizzas and be good but do not make your guests pay for anything.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    definitely not cool to ask anyone to pay, but you can definitely do it on the cheap.  We had a BBQ style party at my parents house; we bought rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (which is actually really delicious at our local place) and also had take-out/catered BBQ pulled pork.  Then we got some prepared salads like coleslaw, potato salad, etc.  It was delicious and pretty easy :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards