Texas-Austin

mother of bride gifts?

i need some ideas on what to get my mom for the day of wedding? anyone got any ideas?

Re: mother of bride gifts?

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it sounds cheesy but a very nice, heartfelt, homemade card. Or a letter letting her know how much she means to you. A  spa gift certificate or a simple piece of jewelry (chain with a pendant/ charm on it).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got my mom and future mother in law really pretty handkerchiefs with lace detail that are embroidered with sweet messages and the wedding date. The one to my mom is about how I will always be her little girl, and the one to my FMIL says "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams." They are both big criers so I am giving them to them at the rehearsal to use during the wedding.

We also have nice cards for all of our parents with a note in there about getting them a nice album once we have our photos, and all teh usual thank you sweet nonsense.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a scrapbook and fun paper. I'm going to take pictures of me and me & her(parents divorced) from when I was born till now and dating my fiancee, Bridal portaits, engament photo's,the save the date & invitation, and the wedding pictures in the scrapbook and give to her.  It has 50 pages front and back (100 total) so I have a lot to fill. That way it can be on her coffee table.
  • edited December 2011
    Kelseymw- I love that idea where did you get those embroidered? Or where did you get the hankercheifs. I think mine will be crying to and I love that idea.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • treenastaatstreenastaats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The handkerchief idea is the best idea I have ever heard of!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I wrote my mom a long note from the heart, and gave it to her with a crystal picture frame that had one of my bridal portriats in it, and promised her a wedding album which I made on blurb.com. 
  • jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the hankerchiefs for all the parents (etsy.com... 4myangels was the seller, but there are a ton of options), a picture frame and told them I would give them a picture of the family afterwards, and for the mom's, I got a nice silk scarf in our wedding colors (blues/greens).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards