Florida-South Florida
Options

Invites

So we are meeting with invite people this week and i have some questions for you ladies

1. Are there any questions that I have to ask them? Like any sneaky tricks I need to know about?

2. How did you pick the wording of your invite? There are so many options and I don't know how to pick! I'm pretty sure my parents want to be listed on it and I'm thinking I should include his parents (even though they aren't paying/hosting) Does that sound right?

Any other tips would be appreciated :)

Re: Invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As far as wording, if your parents or FI parents are helping pay and you want to be traditioinal then I would list both of them. FI and I are paying for everything so we chose Together with their family.

I don't know of any sneaky things invitation companies do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Beth!! But as far as our wording goes, we are putting us as hosting. We are paying for everything and I love our parents, but I just wanted it to be about us.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_invites-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:8a977c48-1077-4ccf-a7b8-ff7e13813520Post:6f64f13f-388d-4e9e-bfb2-0d926b413954">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Beth!! But as far as our wording goes, we are putting us as hosting. We are paying for everything and I love our parents, but I just wanted it to be about us.
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks ladies. My parents are paying so I think they would be upset if I didn't write their names. Invite wording is annoying though</div>
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_invites-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:8a977c48-1077-4ccf-a7b8-ff7e13813520Post:4de1a0ee-b70b-497c-be63-15f839a138ef">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invites : Thanks ladies. My parents are paying so I think they would be upset if I didn't write their names. Invite wording is annoying though
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

If your parents are paying or helping, by all means you should include their names. Both sets of our parents can't afford to help us, plus we have been on our own for a long time so that's why we aren't including their names. But it's a nice touch to include your parents names. It will mean a lot to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this website: http://www.invitationconsultants.com/samplewording.aspx?p_subcategory=3

We are paying for it all so we wrote:
    Because you have shared in our lives with your love and friendship we,
    and listed our names
    Invite you to blah blah blah.
    I am sure she will have samples for you to look at.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi's parents paid some money but we decided together with their families...My parents didnt help yet ( as of today ) but we didnt want to snub them so with their families was a better option.....

South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards