Massachusetts-Boston

Stressed

I only got engaged a few weeks ago and by looking at this website and the million of options I am already stressed out.

Is there a way to go step by step and not be overwhelmed?

Thank you.

Re: Stressed

• take it one step at a time.....

Figure out a general idea of when you would like to get married....then figure out your budget.

Once you have that, do a rough guest list/figure out how many people you would like to invite.

From that point, find a venue.  This will set your actual date and you can start doing things like finding other vendors, looking for a dress, etc.

buuuuut I suggest you enjoy being engaged for a little before you jump in, unless you know you want to get married in less than a years time.

Good luck and congrats!
  • I agree with HockeyFan. First pick the time of year (or date) and figure out your budget. Next is a rough guest list so that you can find an appropriate venue for that number of guests on your list. From there it's booking major vendors like caterer, photographer etc. I also agree that you should take time to enjoy being engaged. I didn't really do that, I got engaged in March and I knew I wanted a spring 2013 wedding so I got right on it since June is a pretty popular month for weddings. I don't regret jumping right in but I love to plan things so I really like this. But now that I have most of the big stuff out of the way we're taking a break from he planning so we'll enjoy our engagement over the summer.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs. There is also a checklist here on theknot that you can use to figure out what are the big things and what's the approximate timeline for getting them done. I will also suggest joining your wedding month discussion board (if you have your wedding date set), that way you can chat with ladies who are getting married in the same month and get their input on what to do as far as planning. Congrats on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • girllll, i totally hear you! i also got engaged a couple weeks ago and i'm already feeling the pressure. i'm soooo anxious to get a date and venue locked in - feel like i won't be able to chill out until then. if you're interested, i'm more than willing to message you my email address so we can work on getting through this together!!

erin
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just use the planner on The Knot and take a deep breath. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards