September 2012 Weddings
Options

what does your FI call you?

While reading the "what does your screen name mean" thread i realized that ppl have some cool nicknames... What nicknames does your FI call you - or you call him?

Mine comes up with someone silly all the time... ewok was his favorite for a while -i dont know why, i am NOT hairy!!!

Re: what does your FI call you?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-does-your-fi-call-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4fcda5cf-da14-4686-a5cf-70d616b7104fPost:b420e60c-9bec-4e5c-a3a2-6a9e0de9540e">what does your FI call you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]While reading the "what does your screen name mean" thread i realized that ppl have some cool nicknames... What nicknames does your FI call you - or you call him? Mine comes up with someone silly all the time... ewok was his favorite for a while -i dont know why, i am NOT hairy!!!
    Posted by spalihena[/QUOTE]

Aw that's cute though! Mine are super cheesy. The one he uses the most is love bird, just because he thinks it sounds cute. :)
  • Options
    He calls me bunny. Not really sure why or where it come from. I just call him my hunny. Calling him by his name feels a little weird now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We both usually stick to 'hun' or 'babe'
    Oh, or 'trouble' lol
  • Options
    wineo929wineo929 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We're a pretty standard "babe" kind of couple. Sometimes he'll throw in "nut case" ;)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I get "honey" but it's in more a sarcastic tone lol
    We're really not the "pet names" type I guess. I think we call each other more insulting names (in a fun way) than we do sweet ones :P
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Baby usually, or "the love of his life" if he's feeling sappy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our's are incredibly stupid. lol We've got the standard "baby" and he'll call me "sweetpea" when's he being lovey dovey, but then here comes the poo. haha! Seriously, we'll call each other poopface, poopbut, cracklehead (a cutesy form of crack head), crackleface... etc etc. I think it started a loooooong time ago when I wanted to call him something foul, but I didn't want to be a total biitch so I went with "poopface". So then he used it later on to tease me about how I said that. Now, it's just become a thing.... =P
  • Options
    When FI and I first started dating (and were still long distance) I excitedly answered the phone when he called me "Boyfriend of mine!"  and he responded with "Girlfriend of mine!"  From then on we have been "boyfriend" and "girlfriend."  We tried "fiance" but it sounds so uppity.  Perhaps once we are married we will be "husband/hubbs" and "wife/wifey."

We also do the traditional, "honey" "sweetheart."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Haha love these. Ours are pretty dumb too. He calls me omelette or little omelette. I call him kitten or little Firstname or little baby (he's over 6 feet lol).
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    Believe it our not we hate pet names, I absolutely hate it when a guy calls a girl babe.  I don't know why lol!  The really only pet name we have for eachother is buddy but that is usually only when we want the other person to do something for us, we also call our dog buddy when we get mad at him lol!
  • Options
    FI calls me babycakes. I stick with honey or sweetie for him. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I usually call eachother babe or hunny.  When I'm refering to him around his friends though I call him "My Eric" because his best friend is also named Eric so it removes the confusion.  It's funny because I'm friends with his best friend's wife so when we're talking about our Erics it's always "my Eric" and "your Eric".  It's less of a possessive thing and more of a clarifying who we're talking about thing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    This isn't really a nickname thing, but I still think it's funny.

FI and I worked together when we first starting daying. So, before we were CERTAIN that it was going to last, we kept our relationship a secret from everyone at work. So, we changed eachothers names in our phones in case any of our coworkers happened to spot a text message over our shoulder or something.

He, to this day, is in my phone as: Jesse Maverick
    Jesse is his middle name and Maverick is for the first movie we watched together (Top Gun)

I think he has since changed me in his phone, but I was GEG for Gray-eyed Girl. He still refers to me as GEG in notes and cards and stuff, but never out loud :)
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    we're really weird... but anyway

he calls me "cat" and  "pepper" (google peppercats (make sure its plural), they are adorable, thats where the name came from), and also "catalo" (see my post in the screen name thread)

and the occasional "wife" or "wifey"

i'll explain what i call him, but it is sort of long:
    we really want a dog, and i don't know why but somehow he picked out the name mr. buddy for our dog. over time, it got shortened to just "buddy". so then somehow, one day when we came up with the "-alo" ending, and it became "buddalo". so i call him that. and also "dogalo".

i guess you can see that i'm always the cat and he's the dog, and that's where all of our nicknames stem from, but they just happen to evolve over time. what's funny is that none of our friends know we call eachother these names, we never use them around them just because they're so weird.. haha
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    We hate pet names.  I hate being called babe, baby or hun by anyone.

Ours are more of an alias.  We work together and it was under wraps for a long time.  When people would ask me what his name was Id say Fonzie.  When people would ask him he'd say short cake.  This was the standard around work, we aren't supposed to talk about our private lives.  We always team up and tease one nosey girl so it just stuck after she had her bf stalk us at our cake tasting.
  • Options
    FI calls me something different all the time.  The names he comes up with crack me up sometimes but his more basic ones are baby girl, beauty queen, or pretty girl.  I'm in his phone as wifey but he doesn't actually call me that.  Our latest term for each other is face.  Not sure where it came from...maybe from me telling him that I love his face but he'll answer the phone and say "hi face!"  It's strange but I love it.
  • Options
    Hmmm, he either calls me "Boo" or "Hun."  I call him pretty much the same.  Oh!  He does sometimes call me "google" when I am off self diagnosing my health issues or looking WAY to in depth for an answer to something ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-does-your-fi-call-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4fcda5cf-da14-4686-a5cf-70d616b7104fPost:2be7c214-d18b-4cc0-bfbf-4ad7b62160fa">Re: what does your FI call you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get "honey" but it's in more a sarcastic tone lol We're really not the "pet names" type I guess. I think we call each other more insulting names (in a fun way) than we do sweet ones :P
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! We definitely do this too! </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-does-your-fi-call-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4fcda5cf-da14-4686-a5cf-70d616b7104fPost:23a4377d-9191-42d7-a35e-1570990096fc">Re: what does your FI call you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our's are incredibly stupid. lol We've got the standard "baby" and he'll call me "sweetpea" when's he being lovey dovey, but then here comes the poo. haha! Seriously, we'll call each other poopface, poopbut, cracklehead (a cutesy form of crack head), crackleface... etc etc. I think it started a loooooong time ago when I wanted to call him something foul, but I didn't want to be a total biitch so I went with "poopface". So then he used it later on to tease me about how I said that. Now, it's just become a thing.... =P
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh my gosh, I didn't want to mention this, but since you have, I will. He sometimes calls me poopy butt! I don't know why, he just does it to get my goat I think. It's so silly!

</div>
  • Options
    We don't really have any pet names--so lame! Haha, I just can't call anyone honey, or babe, or any of those traditional ones, I feel silly for some reason. Sometimes I call him stinky. I'll also call him buddy, like, "hey buddy!" when we meet up and then he usually responds with, "What's up, cuz?" haha I have many more nicknames for my cats than my FI.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For the most part it is "baby."  Think we say that more often than our real names.  Which sounds silly, but when I do want him to know I'm serious or really mean something, using his real name then sound more intentionally ("I love you baby" is more the day-to-day where as when I say "I love you, FIRST NAME" I  mean business!).  He is really passionate about his career field (strength and conditioning) and until this semester when I started back to school (doing my pre-reqs for OT school) I was clueless about the body and how it worked.  So he'd start explaining things about muscles and exercises and my eyes glossed over.  So I started calling him "science boy" whenever he'd go into something I didn't understand (feel like he should have a cape).

Also, one thing I love is that he doesn't use my old nickname.  My legal name is Kathryn and from birth through college everyone called me Katie.  I was never a big fan of Katie so after college I decided to start introducing myself as Kathryn.  FI and I met 2 months after I started this so he calls me Kathryn.  At work they do too but all my family and long term friends call me Katie.  So it is actually special that he is one of my closest relationship that calls me by my real name haha. 
  • Options
    Our main name for each other is bubbles, or some form of it (bubs, bubalub, bubbies, bubbas, etc). I don't even remember where that came from. Also, when we're play fighting or having a minor argument, we'll call each other stupid things like crapmouth, crapface, poophead, poopmouth, etc. We rarely refer to ourselves by our actual names to each other.
    Anniversary
  • Options

We call each other Smooch. Hence my screenname as well. Lately, he'll call me Mooch because when I say Smooch you can hardly hear the S. And we also have a thing with the word "face." A lot of the times you can hear either one of us saying, "I like your face." Or playfully fighting, it'll be "your face." We're weird. :)

• Options
    We call each other "honey." We tried calling each other "babe" or "baby" but it just sounded weird to us, so we stuck with honey.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Loving hearing these names!

One day we were joking and I said I'm going to call you "bf' (like biff) and somehow it just stuck and he calls me "gf". It's weird and works but we joke about what were going to call each other after we get married but we know it'll stay the same. We used to be the 'baby" couple, and are every so often but it's almost always bf to the point where when I have to say his first name to him it's weird lol.
  • Options

My FI calls me princess. Not because I act like one, I am the farthest thing from it, but because he says that is how he always wants to make me feel, like a princess.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-does-your-fi-call-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4fcda5cf-da14-4686-a5cf-70d616b7104fPost:c2395a37-89b1-4990-a65a-31e3af50893a">Re: what does your FI call you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our main name for each other is bubbles, or some form of it (bubs, bubalub, bubbies, bubbas, etc). I don't even remember where that came from. Also, when we're play fighting or having a minor argument, we'll call each other stupid things like crapmouth, crapface, poophead, poopmouth, etc. <strong>We rarely refer to ourselves by our actual names to each other</strong>.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I'm so glad we're not the only ones referring to eachother using "poop" as a reference. =P</div><div>
    </div><div>And, Kelly, don't worry, none of our friends hear our stupid names for each other either. haha!</div>
  • Options
    So funny reading all these! My FI's name is Dan and one day we were fighting and I said I like my other boyfriend Nad better. (His name backwards, obviously)

So it stuck and I started calling him Nad. Totally silly. 

He just calls me by my name. Never anything cutesy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI calls be bae, or baby usually. When we were first dating he gave me the nickname snicker-poo and it never stuck so in notes he'll bring it up. I have tons of names for him the top three are mooks, bubs or monkey. I usually have a name that sticks for a few months and then I'll notice I've changed it after some sort of ongoing joke.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards