Wedding Invitations & Paper

Email address on RSVP cards?

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I want to be sure. Is it acceptable to make a space on the RSVP cards for people to fill in their email address?

Alot of my guests (actually most) are out of town, and I'd prefer to email them a link to my wedding website which will be updated throughout planning with directions and such, problem is, I don't have any of their email addresses.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Email address on RSVP cards?

• I don't see anything wrong with that etiquette-wise.  However, wouldn't it be simpler to list your wedding website on an insert in the invitations?  I included a separate card (some people print their own on business cards) that said "For accommodations, directions, and more information, please visit our website www.website.com"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_email-address-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b02b4d93-2cd2-4e53-8665-28b75ebc100fPost:5709edfb-f41f-45c2-9ce9-e1d5b8b33d38">Re: Email address on RSVP cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see anything wrong with that etiquette-wise.  However, wouldn't it be simpler to list your wedding website on an insert in the invitations?  I included a separate card (some people print their own on business cards) that said "For accommodations, directions, and more information, please visit our website <a href="http://www.website.com"" rel="nofollow">www.website.com"</a>
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I totally did the same!  Just have business cards printed at vistaprint for free plus $5 for shipping and you can just say "for such and such info (I had a bulleted list of accommodations, directions, RSVP online) visit our wedding web site"</div>
  • Oh that is a great idea! I think a business card would be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a wedding website, but I did plan to create a communication (just a graphic Word document) to send out to guests the week before my wedding.  (Sent it today) with reminders and some information, etc. 

If you can avoid requesting email addresses by inserting your website address, definitely do that.  Only about 50% of people who RSVP'd actually put their address.  And I could only read about 75% of the ones I did get.  :)

If I had it to do over again, I would go a different route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards