Getting in Shape
Options

Help!

I only have 50 days to go until my wedding day and I need to drop some weight and tone my body. Any suggestions on good workouts?Foot in mouth
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help!

• Options
    hey..im trying to loose weight too.. work on pull ups, walk at least 30min a day, salad vegies, and plenty of water.... :))))
  • Options
    wimpkwimpk member
    First Comment
    Push ups tone arms, chest, back and slightly the abs... plank tons abs and obliques. interval training is good for burning fat.... run 5 mins, walk 3 mins, run 5 mins, walk 3 mins... lots of reps on weight machines will also tone
  • Options
    Cardio burns fat, but make sure to add weight training and strengthening in too because the more muscle you have the more calories you burn!

But remember it isn't just about working out it's also about eating right and drink lots of water that will help as well. I'm on myfitnesspal.com and I love it! It's free and there are a lot of good advice boards and motivation and support too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    myfitnesspal is awesome, and keeps me motivated to journal my food and exercise every day :)

I think shaking it up is good. Health Magazine has a workout called "The Wedding Workout". I really like it, because you can customize it. There are sections for upper body, lower body, cardio, abs/core, etc... you can set the workout up the way you want it :) I also like Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred, and sometimes I go old school, and do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. I also have a yoga DVD I really like by Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser. That man motivates me! :)

There are lots of really awesome workout DVD's out there. I'm focusing on my exercise, and eating really well. You still have time to trim down and tone up :)

Anxiously awaiting our September 10th wedding in Ohio, and our September 17th wedding in liverpool, England! So blessed to be marrying the man of my dreams! Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    Yoga! I can't believe how much I have slimed down in the past 3 months! Join a clas 2x a week, you'll feel like you have extra energy, tone up and shred the pounds. I never in a million years would have thought yoga could do all that in such a short time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards