Not Engaged Yet
Options

Accessorize Me! (PIP)

FSIL's local reception is tomorrow night. I'm wearing a classic LBD - long black dress. This is me in it:

Pardon the dirty mirror. It's made out of a chiffon-y type of material so the skirt is swooshy. As for shoes, I'm wearing black satiny peep-toe heels:

My mom suggested I wear a long necklace to go with it. This is the only long necklace I have (I'm not really a necklace girl):

It's got skulls and Swarovski crystals and pearls and silver hearts dangling from it. Yay or nay? What kind of earrings? Big, small, dangly, studs, silver, diamond? It's my true dilemma! Also, I don't wear gold, only silver.

EDIT: as for makeup, I'm going with a red lipstick and going very simple with my eyes, just liner and mascara.

Aaaaaaaaand go!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Accessorize Me! (PIP)

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a long necklace and I love the shoes but the skulls on the necklace throw me off.  How's the hair up down, half?  That'll be an added determination for me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to wear my hair down and parted on the side, Veronica Lake-style.

The skulls throw me off, too. That's why I'm iffy about it.

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmmm I am thinking you need some color. are you going to wear a shrug or anything? I would say smaller earrings if you are going with a long necklace. I know that Lane bryant has a very cute pearl necklace in store right now. I would deff dbbl it up as it would still be long.
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like your look is very classic Hollywood, Bside. It makes me think of a regular solid strand of pearls, or a mix of pearls and crystals.

something like the first necklace on this website:
    http://designsbysusan.wordpress.com/2007/07/

or a very simple necklace like this:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/E719AB6E/096D330A/Rachel-Long-Faux-Pearl
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    I looooooove that dress on you. Seriously. You look amazing.

I would just go look at Target, forever 21, places like that. Sometimes you can get nice, inexpensive pieces there. I agree with PP, go with smaller earrings if you're wearing a long necklace.

Let us know what you decide!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a long necklace, just maybe not that one. I agree with Desert on places to look for reasonably-priced necklaces. Also even Icing (the Claire's relative) has a ton of pearl-style jewelry that would look great. Pearls and pearl-mix jewelry is really in right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    molly - nope, no plans for a shrug. If I do decide on one, I have a black velvet one that I will probably break out.

sparkles - yup, old Hollywood is definitely what I'm going for. It's totally my favorite fashion era. Those necklaces are gorgeous, by the way! Especially the first one.

desert - thanks so much! I got it on Black Friday...saw it on the rack and I had to have it!  I've been saving it to wear for the reception.

leia - I DO have a pair of faux pearl and CZ diamond earrings though that I totally forgot about until now:

Yeah?

As for a necklace, I have a strand of plastic pearls I got at Party City for a costume from like 3 years ago. Think anyone would know the difference? ;-)

I'm a little strapped for cash right now, but FI gets a discount at Target (his company is owned by them) so I think I can maybe finagle a few bucks for his sister's reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like those earrings and think they would be great with pearls/pearls and crystals. That would be my vote....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty earrings! I think they'd look very nice with the dress and a pearl necklace.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Go for the pearls. I bet no one will be able to tell. And have an awesome time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards