Wisconsin

Wedding Hair and Makeup - Madison

Hi all -

Looking for a good wedding hair and makeup place that doesn't charge an insane amount. Both Aniu and RZ & Co are asking for a ridiculous amount to do hair and makeup.  Anyone have any good experiences or suggestions?  I'm looking for a place we can go and get it all done at one time. 

Re: Wedding Hair and Makeup - Madison

• edited December 2011
    I've had my hair done for a wedding at Diane Jon salon (on University). I don't know if they do makeup but the hair was pretty reasonable (from what I remember).
    I also get my hair done regularly at the Ultimate Spa and Salon. They are great but a bit more on the expensive side.
    That's about all I know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There is a link in my bio for Brideheads. They came to me and were really affordable.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    I struggled with picking a place for a long time! Madison is pretty pricey for these services. I am actually going with Cinema Hair Studio on the Square. I actually just got my haircut with the person who will be doing my hair for the wedding and she is great. It's hard to ask your friends to pay $50 to get their hair done but everyone was really nice and completely understading.
    I also asked if they would offer me a make up touch up before the reception and they said they would be happy to do that.

Plus for me, the location is great because everyone is staying at the inn on the park next door. Remember to take travel time into mind when picking a location. You don't want to waste 30-60 minutes of your morning driving back and forth across town!
  • EmilieP311EmilieP311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_wedding-hair-makeup-madison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:8d30522e-70c0-4a13-a5a8-215c0ce25312Post:49d53adc-24cc-4351-82ee-72e06c5e260a">Re: Wedding Hair and Makeup - Madison</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a link in my bio for Brideheads. They came to me and were really affordable.
    Posted by KRHagen[/QUOTE]
    I saw an ad for them on craigslist and was thinking of giving them a call.  Were you able to do a trial as well? TIA
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same problem.... we are using William Jon salon on University.  My hairdresser (an AniU employee) also told me that there is a school downtown now... I think they are located on Dayton.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards