Virginia

Small wedding venues in Northern Virginia/DC area

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wedding venue for approximately 20 guests.  Would prefer an all-in-one location (ceremony and reception site).  Any ideas?

Re: Small wedding venues in Northern Virginia/DC area

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at the Meadowlark Botanical Garden in Vienna.  They have a beautiful garden with lots of suitable ceremony locations (a nice terrage, smaller gardens, etc).  Their reception hall is an atrium that can hold up to about 120 people (tight fit), but you could easily do fewer people.  You bring in your own caterer, so what kind of food you have would be totally up to you.
    DSC_9275
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Glens Garden in Fredericksburg (outdoors). It holds up to 50 people. Bonnie and D.ick are very friendly and helpful:) She is always sending out emails to help all her brides. It cost $1500 for a four hour event. You can arrive anytime the day of the event to get ready. Prices vary depending on the season, but $1500 is the highest for the spring/summer seasons. Fall I think you can do inside or out & in the winter they do cottage ceremonies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hey LittlMissApril,

I looked at Glens Garden website and really like the look of it.

What are their policies with catering? Do they have a preferred list?

I have a friend that throws lots of parties and does some catering here and there that is not licensed but has offered to do my catering. I'm debating if it is a good idea or not and I know many places will not allow an unlicensed or self catering.

Anyone know of any places that would allow that option?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards