September 2011 Weddings

Strapless Dress? Sleeves?

So, is your dress strapless? Does it have sleeves?
I decided this past weekend, that I'm going to wear the top portion of my dress (it's removable) for the ceremony.... and take it off for the reception.
Here's a pic:

I'm interested to see dresses, I feel like I haven't seen everyones! Does anyone not have a dress yet? Priscilla of Boston is on Rue La La on April 28th. IF they have my dress on there, I'm probably going to flip sh!t.
Anniversary

Re: Strapless Dress? Sleeves?

• I really think the lacey top part is so pretty, glad you'll wear it for a bit! But I also LOVE it without it on you.  You will be gorgeous all day :)

I need to take a photo of me in my dress. I have it, but FI is totally paranoid about seeing me in it, so I don't have a pic of ME in it.  Once I do, I'll post it here. :)  Mine is a tank style, the top of the straps is about an inch wide.  Strapless dresses just look... bad on me.  I don't know why!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks, K! I'm hoping so!!!
    HAHA- I get that. I can't wait to see it on you.... I'm sure it is gorg.
    I can't even imagine when we all get to see each others photos from THAT day. How freaking exciting!!
    BTW: I gave you crap on MFP ;-)
    Anniversary
  • I have mine in my bio....my capped sleeves will be on for the ceremony and off for the reception.
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Oooo so fun, Jelenny.....! It's like two dresses in one ;-) We are very economical!
    Anniversary
  • Omg, I love the lacy part! That will be so cool to be able to have it for the ceremony, and then be able to make yourself more comfy for the dancing!!!

Mine is strapless, and it has a shawl (that i didn't take a pic of, but it's the same fabric as the skirt) that i'll wear into the reception.

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • I have a bolero jacket i am PROBABLY wearing for the ceremony. Im not 100% yet.
    Photobucket
  • Mine's a halter! I don't have a pic of me in it since the camera ended up being smarter than my mom, but here's a link!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-Halter-with-Split-Front-T9218
    Anniversary
  • OMG- Love Muffins, so pretty. Love your dress.

Jenna- What color sash will you be wearing?... and I cracked up at the comment about the camera being smarter than your mom. I have several of my mothers attempts to take a picture... they're hilarious.... like full finger action.

Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Strapless Dress? Sleeves?:
    OMG- Love Muffins, so pretty. Love your dress. Jenna- What color sash will you be wearing?... and I cracked up at the comment about the camera being smarter than your mom. I have several of my mothers attempts to take a picture... they're hilarious.... like full finger action.
    Posted by sb9411
    My sash is wine. The camera thing was quite the debacle. She really thought she had all these pictures, and then we got home and she went to show my dad and there was nothing on it which of course lead to dramatics about how she's technologically incompetent (she may have a tendency to overreact). She finally calmed down when I told her it wasn't a big deal since I can't post pics of me in the dress anyway or FI will see it.
    Anniversary
  • edited April 2011
    Sb, love your dress!  Here's mine, it's strapless:

Oooo so fun, Jelenny.....! It's like two dresses in one ;-) We are very economical!
    Posted by sb9411
    Yup...but yours is way more dramatic than mine
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
    Sb, love your dress!  Here's mine, it's strapless:
    Posted by kkellygrosz
    I remember seeing it on you! OMG, it's Lazaro right? So gorgeous... and your butt. We all couldn't get over your butt ;-)
    Anniversary
  • here's mine, it's strapless. I love non-strapless gowns but they made me look crazy old.

In Response to Re: Strapless Dress? Sleeves? : I remember seeing it on you! OMG, it's Lazaro right? So gorgeous... and your butt. We all couldn't get over your butt ;-)
    Posted by sb9411
    Ha, yes, Lazaro.  Oh, and if Rue La La has your dress on sale, I'll have a heart attack with you on your behalf.  I just saw my dress on one of those pre-owned sites, made with pretty much my exact measurements, and even that gave me indigestion.
  • sarah...your dress is freaking GORG.  i love it.

here's mine:  (strapless)

I have also added a jeweled belt to jazz it up.  (PIB)
  • Everyone's dresses are so pretty!

Here is mine: Strapless

Not the best pic since this was taken in my bedroom (I am not as short as this pic makes me look Laughing)
  • My dress is stapless. My bridesmaids on the other hand have removable straps. I am letting each girl have the option. I guess I will see at the ceremon how many dresses are strappless and how many aren't
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Mine is strapless with a sweetheart neckline.
    I love the top to your dress and that you have the option to remove it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 82 Made the cut!
    image 55 Are ready to celebrate! image 22 Are missing out! image 5 Are MIA!
    In Response to Re: Strapless Dress? Sleeves? : Ha, yes, Lazaro.  Oh, and if Rue La La has your dress on sale, I'll have a heart attack with you on your behalf.  I just saw my dress on one of those pre-owned sites, made with pretty much my exact measurements, and even that gave me indigestion.
    Posted by kkellygrosz
    Thank you. I will report back... if I'm still living....
    That is such a bummer. Like it's so much $$$, so much $$$ when I stop to think about how much it is, I go crazy. I can't think about it...
    Anniversary
    sarah...your dress is freaking GORG.  i love it. here's mine:  (strapless) I have also added a jeweled belt to jazz it up.  (PIB)
    Posted by reese511
    So love your dress, Reese.... It's SO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it in your pics... AMAZING!
    Anniversary
    here's mine, it's strapless. I love non-strapless gowns but they made me look crazy old.
    Posted by larzhope
    Ahhh, I hope that I don't... you look beyond gorgeous in your dress, but you have the type of body that I feel like you could wear ANYTHING!
    Anniversary
  • I love non-strapless gowns like yours Sarah!  I think they are stunning.  Unfortunately they aren't stunning on ME.

I plan on buying a bolero or some sort of jacket just in case I get cold.  I haven't found the perfect one yet.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Natasha and Sue- love the detail on both of your dresses. Beautiful!
    Anniversary
  • I love your dress it is very pretty, and the lace part is gorgeous.  Mine is strapless. Im not doing sleeves or anything like that.   
  • Here is mine. The straps are removable, but I can't decide if I like them on, or off, or neither...I'm having a bit of dress anxiety. My FMIL made me a new sash that is sage green to match our wedding colors. 

Here is a super goofy pic of me in the dress. It needs a bit of alteration for the short girl. Any suggestions regarding straps/no straps/shawl/something??
    I love non-strapless gowns like yours Sarah!  I think they are stunning.  Unfortunately they aren't stunning on ME. I plan on buying a bolero or some sort of jacket just in case I get cold.  I haven't found the perfect one yet.
    Posted by soontobeschooley
    I didn't think it would look good at all, and it still may not... haha... I don't know. In the picture of me, it's all twisted up. But, it looked better than the one that was 6 times to big on me on the sample I tried on... so we're gonna go with it. I hope I don't chicken out ;-)
    I saw some cute ones at Nordstrom!
    Anniversary
  • Strapless!  Boy that pic is tiny....

Sarah, WHY did you even mention POB on RueLala??? I can't even look, I will literally throw up if they had my dress.....
  • Ooh here's mine.  This is just the sample which was not even close to the correct size, lol, but gives you an idea.  Mine is strapless and does not have any kind of straps/sleeves etc.
    image image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love everyone's dresses!  I hope we put them in our siggy soon, so I can spend an entire month admiring them all.  :)
  • Eveyones dresses are so pretty! Here is mine- strapless :)

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=1&style=AL3328
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards