Registry and Gift Forum

How do our guests know where we have registered?

My fiancé insists on registering for our wedding, but I'm not sure how we tell our guests where we have registered. I'm not having a bridal shower, so I can't include the info in shower invitations, and word of mouth won't work too well because no one really knows each other. What should I do? I think sending it separate FYIs for registries is a bit tacky, but is there any specific etiquette? Thanks!!

Re: How do our guests know where we have registered?

• If people want to know where you are registered, they'll ask. Presumably everyone invited to the wedding knows you, your FI, your parents, or FI's parents, correct?

Word of mouth will work just fine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_guests-registered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e8b98d19-d640-4dd5-8b9f-a9a5aa7ddf06Post:76580ef9-b650-40a7-864b-003295bee523">Re: How do our guests know where we have registered?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If people want to know where you are registered, they'll ask. Presumably everyone invited to the wedding knows you, your FI, your parents, or FI's parents, correct? Word of mouth will work just fine.
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

This. And a good reason for not having a shower is because no one's offered to host one, which is a likely situation if the guests and family are geographically and emotionally spread out. [My bridesmaids don't know many of the other guests, and I wouldn't expect them to organize a party for strangers or organize a party at all, really, as they're quite young. If I have a shower, it will be hosted by a little old lady from my church.]
  • I'm not having a shower because my entire guest list... Literally, everyone... Is from out of state. My wedding is in PA, and everyone in my wedding party is in Missouri, so I don't see any logical reason to have a shower since no one would be there. :)
  • Word of mouth works best. 
    Do you have a wedding web-site where you could include the information as well?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you register under your name and his name, people WILL be able to find your registry online.  I have a casual FB friend who I talk to maybe twice a year, and I was able to find out where she was registered for her baby shower just by googling her name.  Works the same with wedding registries.
  • People will ask and then you can tell them. :p
  • Where did you register? People also know to check the most common places like Target, BBB, etc. Even something as simple as Googling your names and/or location can turn up a wedding registry.
  • My phone was blowing up the week before the wedding with people asking where we were registered. So I think you'll be fine!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I put our registry information on our wedding website (along with all the rest of the information for the wedding) and our web address on the Save the Date.  Other than that I am not mentioning our registry unless people ask.  My parents and his parents also know where we are registered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I did the wedding website approach as well. Its there if they want to look for it, if not they'll ask if they want to know :)
  • Mine's on the website. I would never do inserts or advertise. I only put it on the website because it was a suggested area, and it seems kosher by most standards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards