Favors

Mini Photo Album

I am having a masquerade theme reception and was going to have pictures taken at the door to use in my guest book. 

What do you think of the idea of a mini photo album for my guests w/ their picture that was taken at the door added to it?

I found a mini album with a mask charm on it and it can also be personalized. 
Any suggestions on the personalization?

Re: Mini Photo Album

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I like photos and photo albums (we are doing a photobooth with refrigerator magnet frames). However, many people will not take things that will clutter their homes. So, if they are at a price point where you would be upset to see a lot left on the tables you might want to just let them keep the photo and skip the albums.

As to the personalization I would not do that. Someone who may be inclined to take the album may decide not to if it has your name on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    How mini? Like, would the only picture they could put in there be the picture that was taken that night? Or could they add their own pictures later?

I wouldn't personalize... Not many people (me including) would want any photo album (large or mini) with someone else's personalization on it. I either wouldn't take it, or it would get tossed as soon as I got home. I'd probably take the cute picture out and hang that on the fridge tho.

Could you just give them their picture? (not necessarily as a favor, as favors aren't needed) With no album?
  • dianeb22dianeb22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My original idea was a 4x6 magnetic frame to put the pic in. Then came across this 4x6 12 page album to fit theme.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmmm... Well I will tell u personally what I would do w the album u mentioned...The picture would come out and the album would end up in a garage sale for 2 reasons. 1) masquerade isn't really a theme I am interested in, and 2) I wouldn't have much use for an album that only held 12 pics. All my albums are prob 100 or more pics. Sorry to be brutally honest but that is what objective opinions are for from strangers right?! I think the magnetic photo frame is the way to go bc my first reaction was picture would go on fridge.
  • dianeb22dianeb22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gals for all your great thoughts! I have decided to go with shot glasses and place the photo in their thank you cards.

I feel when someone apologizes for their feelings and honesty it makes them look week and untrustworthy; when I go on these message boards I am looking for honesty and helpful suggestions; I hope everyone else is too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards