Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Fleur de Lis event center

Does anybody have any reviews for the Fleur De Lis event center in Covington.  I know it is brand new and the photos are amazing and so far the staff seems very accomodating.  But booking a new place is really risky and I cant find any reviews online.  I have an appointment to go see it in person on the 20th but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them at all.  Anything would be great.  Thanks in advance for any comments

Re: Fleur de Lis event center

• Options
    NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I went to a wedding there last year.

Pros:
    - Beautiful courtyard, very new orleans-feel without being actually in new orleans

- huge space, allows for a big dance floor (even with a band, like the wedding I attended) and still ample seating

- orginization / presentation: the bride of the wedding I attended opted out of a wedding coordinator, but you could not tell. Everything flowed smoothly, plenty of servers / staff on hand to keep everything flowing, trash throwing away and those other little things no one ever thinks about until they go wrong :)

Cons:
    - not a good location for ceremony-on-site (or at least, the bride didn't opt into a good one) - they had their ceremony outside in the nice courtyard - but it is SMALL. I watched their wedding sitting on the edge of a fountain :). No biggie if you have a smaller wedding or are having ur ceremony offsite.

- food. While the gumbo was good, I found some of their other stuff kinda cafeteria-ish. Also, apparently they have one set menu from which every wedding has the same exact food (none of that "choose 3 of the following" stuff) which I think is a negative

- also, from looking into the venue myself I learned they have added an additional room and therefore can (and according to the owner, will) book 2 receptions at the same time. I just didn't like the idea that one of my guests could inadvertently walk into the WRONG reception.

- parking: its located in a strip mall off a service road, so not the nicest ambiance when walking up. This may be no big for you.

Therefore, given all of that, depending on what YOU'RE looking for, it could be a great place to have your wedding! Have fun & good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is where my FI's mother had her 50th birthday party and loved it so much that we are having our reception there. I just went to check it out for the first time and it is beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards