Michigan-Detroit

Teeth Whitening

Hey ladies -- Does any one have any recommendations on a good place (with good prices) on teeth whitening? My FI used to use chewing tobacco a long time ago, and he still has some stains from that. We had talked about him getting whitened up before the wedding. I'm looking for one of those one time visit places, because I know FI would be too much of a baby to do a daily bleaching thing for 2 weeks of whatever.

If anyone knows of any good deals on this, please let me know!

Thanks!

Re: Teeth Whitening

• emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to my dentist and he gave me Crest white strips. (The ones you have to get through a dentist) They cost me around $100. So far they are working great. If you don't want to spend that much. Get a bottle of hydrogen proxicide (sp?)and use it a mouth wash everyday. Also brush with Aquafresh Whitning toothpaste. When I did that my teeth were super white, and I drink A LOT of coffee.
    x
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaclyn,

My dentist at 19 and Garfield is doing the tray whitening for $49. It used to be 200.
    Dr. Joh at Comfort Dentistry 586-286-4848
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    At the Women's International Show at Rock Financial they are doing teeth whitening there for $75. The Show is going on until Sunday.  I did see men there. 
  • edited December 2011
    Do not have him rinse with hydrogen peroxide. It can cause oral cancer with continued use and also causes your tongue to have a "black hairy appearance." The cheapest way would be the white strips but you said he doesn't want to do something over a couple weeks. Bleaching in an office can be quite pricey. Or he could go to a dental school and have bleach trays made that he can do at home. At my school they're $60 which includes the bleach. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Also usually tobacco stains need to be removed during a cleaning and won't come off with bleaching. I would have him get a cleaning at the dentist and then do the bleaching. Tobacco stain can be very tenacious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards