October 2012 Weddings

Carmel Apples

Hi to all the brides-to-be, October is fastly aproaching....I think I am doing okay on the checks.....

Question for you....I really really want to do something "fall' like for favors/cards I have my heart set on Carmel apples....but not having any luck with reasonable prices....any ideas or sites?

Thanks!! I will also post on my local board......

Re: Carmel Apples

• Make them yourself? The sticks and cello bags can be bought anywhere, and google a caramel recipe.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • daffyapple.com sells them for $1.90 each. Otherwise, just the cheap ones at the grocery store that come in packs of 3 (affy tapple I think). They have factory stores too where you can buy bulk. We'll be doing one of those two companies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • daffys apple of try a local farm
    Photobucket invite1
  • I wouldn't suggest doing them yourself. I wanted to do caramel apples and couldn't find some in my price range, so I tested out several recipes from the internet and not only was I not a fan of the way the various caramel batches came out,  but I could not get it to stick the the apple, tried washing, roughing up the skins, freezing the apples before and/or after, nothing worked! So I decided to give everybody some local chocolates instead. I hope you have better luck than I did!!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards