Rhode Island

RaNew salon?

hi all - anyone used RaNew on lower thames for hair/makeup? for the big day? thanks :)

Re: RaNew salon?

• edited December 2011
    I go there for my regular hair stuff every 6 weeks (color and cut), plus for my big day my stylist (whom I've been seeing for 8 years) came to my house to do my hair and makeup, as well as my BMs. They are extremely reasonably priced, nice and fun girls! I cannot say enough good things about them! I also go there for manis/pedis. I see Bethany Kraft for my hair - she's amazing!!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    dberrett - I go to Bethany too! I have only been to her about 3 times, I go about every 6 weeks too. I just posted this question to see if anyone else had any experiences there. esp with the makeup. did Bethany do your makeup too? How did you find it lasted? I am a little concerned about makeup because I don't wear a lot normally and I don't want to look drastically different or like a clown! I trust them and love them too, but was just looking for some other opinions or ppl that went there. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I heart Beth! That's so funny...
    Beth did my makeup as well and I looked fantastic, if I do say so. She knows my everyday makeup style (foundation, a little blush, bronzer for definition, and eyebrow filler for my pracitaclly non-existant eyebrows, and chapstick), and she knows it's nothing like how she wears her makeup. We did a trial, too. For me, she used neutral browns for my eyes to make them pop, foundation, and a slight tint lipgloss. I looked "done up", but not over done. In photos I look flawless, and it stayed VERY well. I looked like me, kicked up a knotch, which is what I wanted. Even the mascara didn't run when I cried! She did my makeup around 11AM and it was still going strong at the end of the night around 8pm. And it was a hot 82* on our big day, so even with sweating it stayed. I bought the glominerals foundation they sell and love it's light feeling. It doesn't feel or look cakey, yet stays on. I also bought their redness relief which is ideal for my Scottish/English skin tone! You will not be sorry, I promise!
    I would suggest finding some photos you like in magazines and showing them to her, while talking about your every day makeup habits. She gets it!!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

dberrett - thanks for the quick response! that is so great to hear! I am really excited to use them. i am going to get the deposit in this weekend to reserve my date and the salon.
    thanks again! :)

• shanski27shanski27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dberrett - any photos you can share of her work?
  • Jane*PJane*P member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to add that I was recently at RaNew for a Shellac manicure. The place is really nice. Couldn't have been more pleased with the service I experienced and the results of their work. I actually live in CT, but visit family in Newport. The Shellac manicure was extremely well done by Samantha. It lasted almost 3 weeks, so I returned this week for another one. From observing the other clients, they seem to do a great job on hair!
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely love RaNew! I've been going to Laura for years and she is great! All the girls are great and the salon is so nice! I plan on using Laura and one of the other girls for me and my bridesmaids hair and makeup. I wouldn't think of using anyone else!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards