Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

tiny wedding indoor location idea?

We are having maybe 20 people give or take a few and I have no idea where to have it. It has to be inside since it will be 50* on the day of so im not sure what to do.

Im more worried about the location of ceremony so the reception we can handle

any idea would help

i am in addison so close to addison would be great

I really like little chapel in the woods but its a 40 minute drive

Re: tiny wedding indoor location idea?

• rfahey06rfahey06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just googled and found Harmony Chapel which looks very pretty.  They have big packages but if you just want a few I found on their FAQ sheet this...which might help.  I'm not sure how you would feel about that though.

Q.        I want a very simple wedding with just a few family members present.  Anything for me?

A.        Okay, last package.  We have a “walk-in” wedding package for $400 (plus $300 refundable damage deposit) for one hour.   You show up dressed, we describe what is going to happen, you get married, snap a few pictures and that’s it.  You supply those items mentioned in the first question above and you are limited to 14 people total, including bride and groom.  Since the time commitment isn’t huge we’re able to schedule this package any day, although a weekend date would need to be already be booked with a full wedding/reception so we know what times are available. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is just an idea to consider - my church is very tiny and it's close to Addison (I think it's Hebron and Midway in Carrollton), and it would be great for that size. Any time except Sunday mornings it's rented out for plays, meetings, etc., but it's really new and nice inside. It's more theater looking than church looking, but there's a huge screen and you could do whatever backdrop you wanted. It's designed as a space for community gatherings, so it's pretty low cost. The facebook page has some good photos: https://www.facebook.com/Theatre166. It has a small kitchen and some good areas for gathering, so you could do the reception there as well.

I thought about using it, but we're going to have too many people, especially if my future mother-in-law keeps adding on long-lost relatives we've never met :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are interested in Harmony I can give you more info and pics bc that is where I am getting married.  Have you looked at Chinn Chapel in Lewisville.  It might be too far for you but it is a cute little white chapel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_tiny-wedding-indoor-location-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:28c6b7eb-708c-4620-b6fa-9ef340b511bdPost:a8e16c7d-810e-4c82-abfb-e74e5cf8babe">Re: tiny wedding indoor location idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are interested in Harmony I can give you more info and pics bc that is where I am getting married.  Have you looked at Chinn Chapel in Lewisville.  It might be too far for you but it is a cute little white chapel
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

Is it that little chapel that was on Four Weddings? Off 3040?
  • mikachugraymikachugray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recomendations

My FI and i arent religious at all so a church would be opted out but it does look cool
    and its actually 2 minutes from where we live actually

the chinn chapel i emailed asking for pricing

and as for the harmony its like 25 people and then theres him and me  and the marriage man. so i wish that would work out.

i also found the little chapel in the woods but its like 40 minutes away but i might ask his opinion on it anyways.

THANKS GUYS

oh yeah and he is extremely pickey so no matter if its actually a great place hes going to find a lot of it not right and he doesnt really have time to plan any of the wedding either so it makes it really hard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards