New Jersey

I found FIs calling...

He is awesome at cutting, scoring and folding.  I now found the one thing he excels at when it comes to the wedding.  Yesterday he totally surprised me when he offered to score and fold my pocketfolds.  And he did a good job at it. 

Its the little things he does for me that really matter. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I found FIs calling...

• edited December 2011

I guess for some reason men like to do these hands on things, mine likes to put the wax seal on the invitations.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI learned along time ago (since I design wedding invites) to demonstrate that he can't tie bows, glue crystals, score of fold so he doesn't get recruited to help out! But he does help out with stuff and sealing the invites when I am behind :)
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You are lucky!  My husband didn't help with anything wedding related!  He always told me that I had it under control and was doing a great job.   It was kind of nice at times though because he let me choose everything.  I would run everything by him but he let me choose.   After the wedding, he told me that I did a great job, and was sorry he didn't help..LOL     

If he will help...put him to work!!
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it when they do stuff. FI is really math-minded, so he's in charge of the spreadsheet for the budget. Which is great, because, while I am kind of math-y, I get distracted by the shiny, and he keeps me reined in.
  • edited December 2011
    I think partially he felt bad because I was doing it and he was just sitting back drinking a beer. 

Laurie, my FI is usually the same as your husband was.  He doesnt care about any of the details.  I run them all by him just in case he should happen to care but I have yet to find something that doesnt go my way. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, looking back it was probably easier that way and I loved planning all the little details so I didn't mind doing it myself.   He chimed in on a few small details like our hockey jersey guest book, and hockey cake topper, but that was about it!  The one thing he really wanted to do was have the BP hold up hockey sticks for us to walk under when we were introduced at the reception.  Well, fast forward to the wedding and I left him responsible for bringing the sticks...guess who forgot!  He realized that he forgot all about it as we were about to walk in...so I guess it was better that I took care of everything as he is kind of forgetful!
  • edited December 2011
    FI was indeispensible in assembling our totally DIY invites. Plus, I got hours of enjoyment ribbing him about his skills with the boning tool ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was very good at sealing the invites and letting me do the planning:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards