Chit Chat

Worst Wedding Favors?

Hi Chit Chat Knotties,

We're working on a story about bad wedding favors. Anyone ever been to a wedding with an awful wedding favor? Reply here and let us know!

Thank you!
-The Knot Editors
Follow TheKnot on our (absolutely gorgeous) Tumblr page: http://theknot.tumblr.com/ Are you on Twitter? Follow me @BumpKathleen

Re: Worst Wedding Favors?

• Those almond things that are supposed to mean good luck. (after googling:Jordan almonds).....

I chipped a tooth on one because it was insanely stale! I don't know how the couple had them, but it was awful. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This topic is causing quite a stir on your facebook page! I would say the worst wedding favors are ones that are aren't edible or practical. Everything useless and ugly gets tossed so don't waste too much money on it for your guests.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• A  votive candle holder with the bride and groom's wedding date and names on it.

It would be nice if they were like...my immediate relatives..but not friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think flip flops are awful, but I might be in the minority...
  • I personally think that most of the gifts that include the bride and grooms name aren't practice and a waste of money. If you're going to give a favor to a guest, then give them something they'll like and can use (preferably eat or plant).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Those small wedding cake candles. 
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anything with the bride and groom's name and wedding date on it. That'll be completely useless to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_worst-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e9253da5-bc94-44b8-9251-78430077a467Post:7f0ac9f8-14f0-4364-ae98-9cb3611de1e9">Re: Worst Wedding Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Donations. I don't care if you give me a cheap trinket, but don't give to YOUR charity and then try to pretend you did something "for" me.  Someone made a donation "in my honor" to a cause to which I am completely opposed.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Im all for donating to charity, but do it on your own time. As good of an idea it may seem to be, it's not.
  • Small scented candles with the bride and groom's name. They smelled awful too :/
  • I love my friends who got married last winter but their favor was a wallet-sized engagement photo. I mean, they're lovely but I don't need their picture in my wallet. Thanks anyway?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i agree with anything that has the bride and grooms name and date on it. Worst favor I got was a deck of cards with one of their engagement pictures on everycard, and their names, and wedding date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The favor was a cute idea, glass soda bottles with coffee in them. But the coffee was so stale! I found out it was because they put the favor together about four months before the wedding. Blech!
  • hand painted oyster shells - with the bride and groom's name and wedding date, plus the location of the wedding.  Even better - they have a ribbon attached because they are Christmas tree ornaments.  And it was for a wedding in September.
  • stale cookies with the initials of the bride and groom.My FI almost broke a tooth went he bit into one!I guess with so many guests they had to make them a few weeks out. yuck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_worst-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e9253da5-bc94-44b8-9251-78430077a467Post:e89f2484-13b3-48ce-a677-05b24d32463d">Re: Worst Wedding Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hand painted oyster shells - with the bride and groom's name and wedding date, plus the location of the wedding.  Even better - they have a ribbon attached because they are Christmas tree ornaments.  And it was for a wedding in September.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]

Vicki, Im pretty sure I've seen those on our local board before. . lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_worst-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e9253da5-bc94-44b8-9251-78430077a467Post:64593e43-38a6-4fe3-ae79-1fe393776fc8">Re: Worst Wedding Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Plastic champagne glass with metallic confetti and Hershey's kisses in it.  The champagne glass went into the recycle bin, the confetti in the trash.  The Hershey kisses were good, though.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Well, chocolate is always good.  :)  Plastic champagne glass, not so much.

Jordan almonds=blech.  But that's my opinion.

I guess I've only gotten one bad favor, and that was a baggie of Jordan almonds. 

I suppose that CD's could go either way, I've gotten a few of those, but they have all been pretty decent mix CD's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards