Missouri-St Louis

Quail Ridge Lodge, your experience

Hello!  My FI and I are planning on having our reception at Quail Ridge Lodge in Wentzville next September (2012).  We went out last weekend to have a look at the place, and I am really excited about it.  I just wanted to hear from anyone who has been to a wedding there, or especially had their wedding there.  What was your experience?  What went well/wrong?  Did everything go smoothly even though the venue doesn't coordinate everything for you like some other places?  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated, just want to make sure I am making the right decision!
Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: Quail Ridge Lodge, your experience

• edited December 2011
    I am having y wedding there in 7weeks!!!!!   Ill let you know how it goes!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in 4 months!  Sorry I can't be of more help =( 

Our bakery did say that we should keep the cake from the windows, since there are so many, it might melt the cake icing faster! (buttercream, not fondant)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome, good luck with your planning and please keep in touch to let me know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    Went to check out the inside tonight with FI and MOH... I think I'm in love!  Very excited to have the wedding here, this place is truly a gem!
  • subrinusubrinu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in Sept. 2012 as well. I have a friend who went to a wedding there and she said it was beautiful.
  • subrinusubrinu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I received the layout to Quail Ridge Lodge fromt the county. I can email the layout to anyone if you provided your email address.

Sabrina
  • edited December 2011
    Sabrina  - I am PM'ing you my email address.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes please let me know as well how it all goes. My FI and I are still up in the air on just about everything so any information would help a lot! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October 2012! I have a lot of ideas but I'm almost hurrying up just to wait. I can only do some much this early.  I already have the lodge booked, my dj booked (he is a friend) and I know which caterer I want. They already told me they only need about 2 months notice (Bandana's)   I'm working with my mom on centerpieces- we are doing a cluster of mason jars in different sizes with candles inside and ribbons on the jars. My theme is country and rustic, but not a hoedown!

I am interested in finding out what others have planned for this space. It is gorgeous.
  • LChrismerLChrismer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there also October 2012, can't wait. We were also thinking about the same thing and using Bandana's as a caterer. What has your experience been so far?
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't done much with Bandana's yet b/c they only require 2 or 3 weeks notice. But I would really like to sit down with some to talk about the set up as we would like to get married on deck and start the reception immediately after... but if it rains and we have to get married inside as a plan B- I don't want dishes clattering around and setting up during the ceremony... decisions decisions!

What are you doing about your bar service?

• Everyone that is planning to go with Bandanas should check out Stumpys in St. Peters. They have much better prices and are super nice. Thats who I'm going with b/c Bandanas was rude when I talked to them. I'm looking for pictures of decorations b/c I don't really know what to decorate with or how to hang lights... As far as bar service we have a friend who is bartending and we are bringing our own alcohol. It was too expensive to hire a caterer that would serve for us. WAY cheaper this way. @Sabrina can you e-mail me the layout too? I'm having a hard time figuring out where I want to put things!!
  • Hi! I am getting married there in Sept 2013 so would love to here about everyones experiences there as well.  One tip I did receive from a vendor at the Off WHite Indie wedding show was that the sound can be echo-ey there from all the windows and hard surfaces so you may want to play aorund with the music / sound so that its not too loud.  Hope thats helps! Good luck and congrats!
  • Would you  mind sending me the layout for Quail RIdge as well whenever you get the time?  Thanks!  My email is: [email protected]

• Do you have the quail ridge lodge layout [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards