New Jersey

NWR RAnt: Fios

I hate FIOS, in the 4 months we've had it, we had so many issues, I think we are switching to Comcast.  Had no internet, phone, or tv for almost all of yesterday and today, and now we need to wait for a tech to come out, and replace the box that they replaced 2 weeks ago.  Very Frustrated with them.

Re: NWR RAnt: Fios

• goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    wow...I am surprised, I have had FIos for years and never once had a problem.  We love it!   
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I have Comcast and loathe everything about them.  They screw up our bill every other month and the internet or television is always going out (if not both).  Unfortunately, they're the only provider in the area that has FI's South American channels, so we're stuck with them until he decides he's had enough. 

Hopefully you'll have better luck with them than we've had!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you have had issues. We couldn't wait to get FIOS and we totally love it - super fast internet and great DVR features. My parents and my sister and her husband have it in their homes and love it as well. None of us have ever had any issues. When the guy installed he told us to watch out for the first bill as they normally mess that up, but we didn't have any problems, everything was correct. Is your box inside or outside your house? We told the installer we wanted it inside so that it would be protected from the elements (I know some people have had it put on the outside of their house and I could imagine that may be a problem with this crazy weather)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Box is inside but the box that connects to the service or something is outside since we live in an apartment complex.  No 1 else in the complex has been having issues, apparently it's just us, which makes it even worse that we have all the issues and no 1 else does.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im surprised as well, I know loads of people who have Fios and swear by it. Sorry for what you are experiencing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We LOVE FiOS, but have had problems with our main DVR box twice in the last 2 months. If it happens again, my FI is going to freak and probably switch to Comcast :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards