Retro and Vintage Weddings

are tissue pomanders vintage?

i love the look and the ease of creating tissue pomanders. i was thinking about doing them in soft, vintage colors like cream, blush, pale yellow, etc.

i might not do the huge ones that you hang from the ceiling, but i was wondering if this would be weird in my vintage, shabby chic wedding?

i'm doing a lot of milk glass, doilies, typewriter, vintage handkerchiefs, etc.

will it go?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: are tissue pomanders vintage?

• Yes I think it will look great. It doesnt match fully but honestly if you have everything matchy matchy (looking like a flash back to that time) it wont look as nice as a few key pieces here and there.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I don't think that they're very vintage, but like pp said, not everything has to be. As long as their not a focal point, then I wouldn't worry about it and do what you like.
    Photobucket
  • While they may not be truly vintage, I do think they'll help you create the vintage feeling that you're going for.  Over in Britain, where they're more into vintage-inspired weddings than we are, a lot of people use cheery "bunting" (what I would call banners) to help create a vintage feeling, even though it doesn't seem to be a vintage tradition.  Over here, others tend to use those paper Chinese lanterns (or whatever the technical term is for those round things!).  So do whatever feels right to YOU.  Believe me, that's what brides in the past did, too!
  • I think they're vintage. Martha Stewart has info on making those online. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards