Massachusetts-Boston

Priscilla of Boston

Just saw on boston.com that Priscilla's is closing.

http://www.boston.com/ae/specials/culturedesk/2011/08/priscilla_of_boston_to_close.html

Maybe some great sales coming up with the closing???

Re: Priscilla of Boston

• edited December 2011
    I was just going to post this you beat me tot he punch.
  • MmeSterlingMmeSterling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a pity they don't take orders after 08/31. I might try to go there. You never know what bargain you'll find.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • monbon11monbon11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No!!  I finally made an appointment for THIS Saturday!  I just missed the August 31 cut off for custom orders!
  • edited December 2011
    Do they only make custom dresses or do you think there will be major inventory sales?
  • monbon11monbon11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pesa - that was my question.  They called to cancel the appointment today.

They are selling their samples at 40% off but taking no new orders.
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_priscilla-of-boston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:97622980-e2e5-4f0a-93cd-6062635b19d1Post:094751f8-5a7a-4d9a-9062-2684c5974e31">Re: Priscilla of Boston</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's so sad! I got my dress there and the experience was wonderful.
    Posted by Pesapenny[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  I enjoyed the salon every time I went.
  • lp2nelsonlp2nelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone else order the Ruelala gift certificate?
    I had all my bridesmaids order it in anticipation of us ordering their dresses there but after calling to make an appointment for one of my BMs and I to go this weekend they told me I have to make all orders by Sept 12th for them to be fulfilled (Only b/c I already have a a girl order hers)... There is NO WAY the other girls will get there so I doubt we'll still order.
    But now it looks like they'll be out $75 each :(
  • MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do they need to go in?  Or can they phone in their measurements?  $75 seems like a good bit of money to be wasting.

• lp2nelsonlp2nelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And we are now scrambling to make the deadline of the 12th... I'm going to have to just fil out the forms for 2 of the girls b/c they can't make it.

The upsetting part is that I won't get to experience it with them :(
  • edited December 2011
    Im in the same spot.. I had the rue gift certificates and 3 out of my 5 girls had their dresses so the last two went in today. just do the best you can to make the deadline!! if the girls have a good idea of what size they are and know the style I'd say just call in and see if you can do it that way. There won't be an alterations dept there to fix things so you'll just have to go elsewhere for tailoring. 
  • edited December 2011
    Call Rue La La. I was able to get a full refund :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards