Registry and Gift Forum

Can I use it???

So FMIL got me things off of our registry for my birthday which was last week (out wedding is not until June 5th). She bought various wine accessories we registered for along with some wine and made a gift basket. I am wondering if I am "allowed" to use this before the wedding since it is from the registry or not. Is it tacky or bad luck  to use it before the wedding?? TIA!

Re: Can I use it???

• Yes, you can in my opinion.  The gift was for your birthday, not actually related to the wedding.  You are not supposed to use the wedding gifts you received early or the ones you received at your bridal shower because in the event that your wedding is canceled (for whatever reason) you have to return all the gifts.  Since your FMIL got you the gift as a birthday present, I'd say you are in the clear, and I'm sure she wouldn't want you to wait until after June 5th to use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, what she said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Normally when gifts come off your registry I would say to wait until after the wedding but since she purchased it for your birthday, I think it's ok yo use it now.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What everyone else said.  The whole idea behind not using the shower/wedding gifts is that you are expected to return them if for some reason the wedding doesn't happen. 

Your birthday can't be called off.  You get to use the gift. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's specifically for a birthday.  I say go ahead and use it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards